maqroll

Who Is More Shit?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is More Shit?

• Jethro Tull
    • Yes
    • The Moody Blues
    • Queen

Why does nobody like Queen on this site?

It seems to be an "in thing"

As I've said before, Queen's first 4 albums were great. It went a bit downhill after that but I wouldn't class them as shit.......I save that for stuff like The Streets, Fiddy Cent and Pete Docherty

Well I recently got 2 original Moodies vinyl LPs off eBay, very cheap.

And I also "acquired" the complete Yes back catalogue, some fantastic stuff if you like prog.

Don;t mind Queen. Can't say I could name a song by any of the others.

C'mon!

That link took me to another link which didn't work. I guess I need Spotify for it to work, which I don't.

No doubt I know some of their songs, probably a lot of them, but I wouldn't be able to name them off the top of my head.

Since there are more than two options, the question should be "Who is MOST shit?" :winkold:

Me being who I am, I don't think any of them are shit, but of the four, Queen are my least favourite.

They have all produced some poor albums, but they have all also done some very good stuff.

For the record, my CD collection includes the following (in my order of preferred band):

1) Jethro Tull: the first four albums - This Was, Stand Up, Benefit, Aqualung, plus Songs From the Wood and Heavy Horses. Plus Ian Anderson's solo albums The Secret Language of Birds and Rupi's Dance. I still play them reasonably regularly.

2) The Moody Blues: The First Seven Hayward/Lodge lineup albums - Days of Future Passed, In Search of the Lost Chord, On the Thrshold of a Dream, To Our Children's Children's Children, A Question of Balance, Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, Seventh Sojourn. Plus a Greatest Hits, just to get the Laine-era Go Now. I don't play them very often, but hell, they're from Erdington, so they can't be all bad!

3) Yes: the first six - Yes, Time and a Word, The Yes Album, Fragile, Close to the Edge, Tales from Topographic Oceans. I play them very rarely, but they still had a certain something.

4) Queen: nothing. Although I do have a cassette of "Queen at the BBC"! I would consider acquiring the first four: Queen, Queen II, Sheer Heart Attack, A Night at the Opera, as I think they were OK.

Toughy really, but out of the 4 , it would have to be Queen.

When freddie came out of the closet, they went commercial & were plop afterwards.

Yes did some brill stuff so they shouldnt even be on the list

Actually, I'd like to change my vote... Jethro Tull should not be tagged as the most shit, as they originated one of the funniest bits of spontaneous lunacy on the Stern show in recent years... during the news one day, Howard and Artie summarized every story to the tune of "Aqualung". Alas, I cannot find any youtube vids of this.

But out of the remainder, well, I'd have to pick the Moody Blues, but I can't say I'm familiar enough with them to pick them. Therefore, simply consider my vote for Jethro Tull rescinded.

But out of the remainder, well, I'd have to pick the Moody Blues, but I can't say I'm familiar enough with them to pick them.
So. You are unfamiliar with the band, but you consider them to be shit?

And I thought I was predjudiced.

But out of the remainder, well, I'd have to pick the Moody Blues, but I can't say I'm familiar enough with them to pick them.
So. You are unfamiliar with the band, but you consider them to be shit?

And I thought I was predjudiced.

Well, I ended up changing my vote to an abstention. I wasn't going to tag Queen or Yes as shit, so that left the MBs, but I couldn't pick them due to lack of full experience.

Admittedly, the few tracks I've heard from them have not impressed me all that much.

Â