maqroll

Who Is More Shit?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is More Shit?

• Jethro Tull
    • Yes
    • The Moody Blues
    • Queen

I went for Moody lues, although I haven't heard them enough. Just wanted to give my vote to take away some damage of the ridiculous bashing of one of the greatest band there ever was. :nod: For me the greatest, of course, but in reality just one of them.

Anyway, when I read all this, to be nice, disliking of Queen here I just can't but wonder who bought all their records. I mean, they're in the guiness boom of records for having sold most copies of a british album in Britain, I think it was 5.25 million copies of their Greatest Hits. Bur reading on here makes me almost believe that they must've bought most of them themselves to up their selling record. :P

Anyway, when I read all this, to be nice, disliking of Queen here I just can't but wonder who bought all their records. I mean, they're in the guiness boom of records for having sold most copies of a british album in Britain, I think it was 5.25 million copies of their Greatest Hits. Bur reading on here makes me almost believe that they must've bought most of them themselves to up their selling record. :P

So using that flawed logic, do you like Madonna because she sells a lot of records? Since when does selling records prove the quality of the music? Jeez. :evil:

Moody Blues are the far more inspirational band on that list.

For me it was a difficult choice between Jethro and Queen but I went for the latter because they're so damn cheesy!

So using that flawed logic, do you like Madonna because she sells a lot of records? Since when does selling records prove the quality of the music? Jeez. :evil:

For me it was a difficult choice between Jethro and Queen but I went for the latter because they're so damn cheesy!

Who said I did? I just wondered who bought all their records in England, or rather Britain, that's all. Their greatness is hardly relying only on that, but I won't go in to that discussion again. Been there before and people chose to ignore some facts that goes against there feelings about it.

Who said I did? I just wondered who bought all their records in England, or rather Britain, that's all. Their greatness is hardly relying only on that, but I won't go in to that discussion again. Been there before and people chose to ignore some facts that goes against there feelings about it.

Just so you know then that's fine.

'Greatness' is a term used too flippantly in music, for me Queen aren't revolutionary like Chuck Berry, Howlin' Wolf, The Band, Dylan, The Beach Boys and many others I could name; fact is they don't come close!

I quite like some Tull, I don't listen to it regularly - but Aqualung and Heavy Horses get a play every so often. MB I don't know loads about, I had a mate who was quite into them heard bits, sounded ok but not enough to grab me.

Yes I don't like, I just really can't stick Jon Andersons voice. It was odd, I bought Close to the Edge years ago, and quite liked it, lent it out and got it back and absolutely hated it! Since then they just annoy me. So it was a toss up of them and Queen who I have a long standing loathing for.

It is all relative of course, as Rob says there are many things way worse than any of these bands!!!

As for Lars Ulrich and Metallica, if you could erase a band from history, they would be one I'd consider!! Even though the first couple of albums are ok, that is outweighed by

the fact they are such a bunch of total and utter words removed. Which is why that EF hoax worked a few years back ;)

Oh I dunno. After a good drink I like a bit of Killer Queen and Fat Bottomed Girls. But enough of my private practices...

I'm not really into them, only get their Greatest Hits and Queen II - they just strike me as being pretty inoffensive and I can't understand the stick they get on here. There are much worse than Queen about. Roxy Music for example.

Oh I dunno. After a good drink I like a bit of Killer Queen and Fat Bottomed Girls. But enough of my private practices...

I'm not really into them, only get their Greatest Hits and Queen II - they just strike me as being pretty inoffensive and I can't understand the stick they get on here. There are much worse than Queen about. Roxy Music for example.

The early, experimental Roxy were **** brilliant. As soon as they went disco and became a vehicle for Bryan Ferry's ego, they became totally shite.

Also, how can anybody not like album covers like:

512347262_ba056c99b7.jpg

Just so you know then that's fine.

'Greatness' is a term used too flippantly in music, for me Queen aren't revolutionary like Chuck Berry, Howlin' Wolf, The Band, Dylan, The Beach Boys and many others I could name; fact is they don't come close!

No problems with that. You name some quite legendary bands and artists that deserve that mention, no doubt. And in some way on some of them I agree. Chuck Berry is definitely one of the inventors of rock music. That's not my problem with peoples view on Queen here. Nor is it that people don't like them. Fine by me. The problem is that far too many don't recognise that they've done something different than many other bands, etc, and won't give them any credit at all. I'm grown up with being the only one, almost, to like their music. I'm used to it. And a banter is always a banter, it's fun. But most good musicians with big experience of the business recognise their greatness and at least give them all the respect they deserve, wether they like them or not.

The early, experimental Roxy were **** brilliant. As soon as they went disco and became a vehicle for Bryan Ferry's ego, they became totally shite.

I would deffo agree about Roxys experimental phase, but i also liked some of the later stuff too, even though it was pretty commercial

Think they all are tbh more of a westlife man tbh.

Take That,Boyzone ,Westlife or 911 now there is a debate !

Â