Scenario - Vote please

NulliSecundus

Yes or No  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• YES
    • NO

If a mods could put a simple yes/no poll in that would be great. You can even add a duuuuur I dunnooo option if you wish.

You are a footballer.

You got selected to play for your local academy and have ever since risen through the ranks.

Last year, you got your real chance to play for the first team, and it was good.

This year, you start even better, scoring a hattrick in the first league game, and consistently banging one in here and there.

You get picked for your country, happy days.

You decide to buy a Lamborghini, some vile green boots (because you can) and your manager thinks you can do no wrong in their eyes.

You are being paid £30,000 a week or £1,560,000 a year for it to sound better. You're not the prettiest person around, but your money can get you laid easily, and your seed is as fast as you are, getting 3 different girls pregnant.

Your form continues to slide, still no wrongs... then after the team performances stop resulting in wins, but last minute heartache against a team that had 2 shots on target in the last minute and drew 2-2 with you, and a game where you couldn't be bothered, the fans get on your back and sarcastically clap you when the manager finally sees sense and takes you off.

Scenario: Do you actually care?

*Puts on tin hat* But seriously, actually imagine being him for a minute, noting how intellegent he actually seems to come across, and believing he can actually comprehend how much money the fans pay to see him prat around a bit of grass doing **** all....

I am actually preparing for a torrade of abuse, but do I care? No. I pay my money, and I'm entitled to my opinion. I DIDNT sarcastically cheer but I can understand the paying fans point of view. Those who try and turn this into a personal argument with me are idiots in advance. Thank you.

Sometimes, for a short time, I feel sorry for a footballer when this happens.

But then I realise how much money they're making and I think 'sod it'. If I was making that much a bit of abuse wouldn't matter one jot to me.

I don't even need to imagine being Gabby, of course he cares.

I think people need to ignore th money he's on. Did he ask for that? highly unlikely, he was offered that. If your employer offered you £1m a year, would you turn it down? Just because he earns alot it doesn't necessarily mean he can just become a footballing God at will.

I think if I won the lotto, my effort in things that I do would change, think my attitude towards friends would change.

This might be a bad trait in me but think you would have to become more thick skinned.

I think that all the idolising that happens to young footballers cant be good for there mental heath. I would guess gabby has to put up with hangers on and people trying to get at him whenever he is out, people wanting his money, people telling him about football and how to do this or that better, and it must be hard for him. The fact that he is so successful with what comes across as below average intelligence has go to be a mind ****.

Lifelong Villa fan. Might just care a bit. He's not as outspoken or charismatic but essentially as a boyhood Villa fan to me means he should be held with the reverence of Ian Taylor.

Has Gabby ever quoted himself as being a life long villa fan? has he ever mentioned standing on the terraces as a kid? Please find me a quote or two if I'm wrong but I'd question whether Gabby even is a fan.

Ian Taylor gave 110% in every game I watched him play. He loves villa and I still see him at away games today.

Can you remember Gabby given 110%? If I was lucky enough to play for Villa I certainly would, every single game...

very good post...of course footy players in general they dont realy care. Finish 4 or 5th no big differece they all want a big pay check, a holiday to dubai, model girlfriend and flash car...

Lol, the cluelessness of some people. They don't care if the play in the Champs League or not? Get out.

very good post...of course footy players in general they dont realy care. Finish 4 or 5th no big differece they all want a big pay check, a holiday to dubai, model girlfriend and flash car...

Lol, the cluelessness of some people. They don't care if the play in the Champs League or not? Get out.

so if cska moscow(playing in the champions league next year) came in and went for gabby with an acceptable fee, do you think he would go??! ....Would he fuk

so if cska moscow(playing in the champions league next year) came in and went for gabby with an acceptable fee, do you think he would go??! ....Would he fuk

Did I say CL was the be all and end all? No. I said they care.

I'd have a word with my boss as I'm only doing what he tells me, which is why I have improved so much that I'm getting picked for my country.

You decide to buy a Lamborghini, some vile green boots (because you can)

You're not the prettiest person around, but your money can get you laid easily, and your seed is as fast as you are, getting 3 different girls pregnant.

WTF has this got to do with anything?

I think if I won the lotto, my effort in things that I do would change, think my attitude towards friends would change.

This might be a bad trait in me but think you would have to become more thick skinned.

I think that all the idolising that happens to young footballers cant be good for there mental heath. I would guess gabby has to put up with hangers on and people trying to get at him whenever he is out, people wanting his money, people telling him about football and how to do this or that better, and it must be hard for him. The fact that he is so successful with what comes across as below average intelligence has go to be a mind ****.

Sorry but I have to disagree with the above post.

Wayne Rooney hardly comes across as MR Intelligent does he but look how his career has gone! He went and got into trouble for paying an old Prozzie to give him some experience and got slaughtered for it, but it hasn't gone and ruined his career. Gabby has family around him who can give him the right kind of advice. He also has, supposedly, one of the best man-managers in the business to give him guidance. I think that his supposed lack of genius should have nothing to do with his poor performances of late. The lad needs dropping to freshen him up, simple as that! I don't think it is his fault. All players go through a dip in form but their managers take them out of the firing line to shake them up. Unfortunately, MON doesn't seem to want to do that, for whatever reason. Gabby should be on the bench and then let on for the last half hour to run at tiring defences. This might give him more chance of scoring/creating goals, which would then boost his increasingly flagging confidence.

Anelka seemed to be never been free of controversy at one stage but he has never forgotten where the back of the net is.

Agree about taking him out of the firing line, It just looks like he is playing with stuff on his mind tho, not at ease with him self at all. Think some people can cope with the fame better than others.

Think his heads is all over the place, He comes across a shy and introverted even humble, then drives a white lambo. It couldnt be anymore extraverted.

His form has dropped like a stone over the last 2 months. But no matter how low in confidence you are, your workrate should not drop, in facr it should increase as you try to regain your self belief. Gabby's poor attitude and his poor workrate are the things that dissapoint me most. MON should have dropped him weeks ago. I still think he will have a big part to play in the last 6 games of the season.

Â