Scenario - Vote please

NulliSecundus

Yes or No  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• YES
    • NO

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is other than to let Nulli have a bit of a rant.

I agree. I think we're all pretty pissed off at our slide at the moment, but this kind of stuff is rather pathetic.

I'd have a word with my boss as I'm only doing what he tells me, which is why I have improved so much that I'm getting picked for my country.

You decide to buy a Lamborghini, some vile green boots (because you can)

You're not the prettiest person around, but your money can get you laid easily, and your seed is as fast as you are, getting 3 different girls pregnant.

WTF has this got to do with anything?

I think its jealousy mate.

If Gabby was dropped for the next couple of games which we both lost and then it came out that he had asked to be dropped he would get slaughtered for having no bottle.

He cannot win with some people.

I'm sorry but Gabby looked genuinely devastated when he went off yesterday imo. He's about my age and yes i'd love what he's got but i know for a fact if that had happened to me yesterday and the fans of the team i've supported all my life booed me i would have been absolutely gutted to be honest. It's alright saying 'he's got a lamborghini he won't care' but he's still a human being with feelings, as a young local lad you'd want the fans to love you, i know i would

i think that there's two parts to this. I didn't boo cos I'd already left by then. But i definetely would've done - but it wouldn't have been aimed at Gabby it's not his fault he's picked every game regardless of performance - it's the manager that picks him, and the manager taht has refused to rest him.

I think because he's bee nkept in when he's been playing so poorly is just crazy - he should hvae been rested and his confidence wouldn't have plummeted so much.

O'Neill has be nfantastic but it's fault we're where we are now. We'll be lucky to get 5th now

Would I care if I was booed off and I was earning that amount of money? Probably not. In the same way as if I was working in any other job which deals with the general public, I wouldnt care if my customers hated me providing my boss was still cashing my paychecks.

Would I care if I was booed off and I was earning that amount of money? Probably not. In the same way as if I was working in any other job which deals with the general public, I wouldnt care if my customers hated me providing my boss was still cashing my paychecks.

O boy...

yeh but you dont do your job in front of 40,000 people and you also dont support the company you work for i bet. So these comparisons with peoples day to days jobs are a load of rubbish in my opinion.

yeh but you dont do your job in front of 40,000 people and you also dont support the company you work for i bet. So these comparisons with peoples day to days jobs are a load of rubbish in my opinion.

Her also hasnt been passionate about his job and company since he could walk and talk.

Well, no, I dont work in front of 40,000 people. I also dont particularly like my employers. But the point still stands that if I was a footballer in that position, I would know that I would be paid regardless of how I performed, and so wouldn't feel motivated to put in any extra effort.

Key part of Herzberg Motivational Theory ...... paying someone a lot of money will get somebody to do something, it wont neccesarily ever make them do it well. :lol:

Besides ... a players income isn't really affected that much by performance anyway. He might miss out on a few little bonuses here and there, or see a marginal dip in merchandise residuals ... but its not going to have a huge impact.

Well, no, I dont work in front of 40,000 people. I also dont particularly like my employers. But the point still stands that if I was a footballer in that position, I would know that I would be paid regardless of how I performed, and so wouldn't feel motivated to put in any extra effort.

Then you're a pretty shallow human being if that's the case.

No, sir, I am a realist.

No, sir, I am a realist.

Yea, Ok...

I think he cares. I remember watching the legendary Brian Little many years ago and wondering the same thing. He rarely smiled or celebrated a goal but that didnt make him any the less a committed player. He had several patches of bad form and now he is considered a legend. Whether Gabby can become the same I have no idea.

I accept that there are question marks about some professional footballers attitudes and if I thought all the abuse would make him and others a better players I would be screaming at them every game but as I said elsewhere, I don't know of any examples where this negative approach works.

I agree that players out of form should be dropped and it could be argued that Petrov's spell of the bench (last season) turned him round.

MON is not the messiah, but in the final analysis he must be trusted as the best judge of a players mentality - ultimately if the team of "professionals" he assembles don't deliver Randy Lerner then will have to judge whether MON is the one to take us forward.

Those who try and turn this into a personal argument with me are idiots in advance. Thank you.
I see.
Of course he cares.

FFS do you think players purposely go out to fail?

Exactly.

Those who try and turn this into a personal argument with me are idiots in advance. Thank you.
I see.
Of course he cares.

FFS do you think players purposely go out to fail?

Exactly.

However, there is a distinction between not going out to fail and being utterly determined to succeed and be absolutely the best you can be at what you are doing.

It is generally accepted that in all walks of life going out to fail is a rare personal trait. However, there is a point beyond that and it is the "doing just enough" area a lot of people exist in. Some of these people are highly paid footballers, some you probably meet on a day to day basis. I think that is where Gabby is right now.

Someone like Beckham, for example, is a prime case of somebody who will constantly push to achieve a standard and maintain it. Giggs is another. Luke Moore is the Anti-Giggs.

Ah good to see I got some discussion going. I think its all personality personally. If he had an Ian Taylor personality I would agree with the "of course he cares" comments.

However, I can't see it.

Believe it or not, some people in this world ARE obssessed with money, and personal items. Others are happy where they are and do not take anything for granted.

It's not a ranting post as someone very kindly suggested about me - it's trying to under stand the psychological frame of mind behind a footballer who has it made.

You decide to buy a Lamborghini, some vile green boots (because you can)

You're not the prettiest person around, but your money can get you laid easily, and your seed is as fast as you are, getting 3 different girls pregnant.

WTF has this got to do with anything?

I think its jealousy mate.

If Gabby was dropped for the next couple of games which we both lost and then it came out that he had asked to be dropped he would get slaughtered for having no bottle.

He cannot win with some people.

WTF has it got to do with it.... like I said. He has it made. He doesn't have to do anything to get that apart from 'train' and run around a pitch.

Jelous? Hmmm, I admit, if life was that easy it would be OK, although I must admit, I'd miss my brain. I'm currently studying a degree and I enjoy it. It's challenging. I wouldn't swap my brain nor life for that matter with Gabbys in a million years, even if my job consisted of working out (something of which I've taken to a bit recently) and playing for a football team (which I follow religiously FYI).

I've been saying he should have been dropped for ages. If Carew and Delf had started we may have won, we might have not. But it would have given A) Gabby a kick up the arse, B) Him some hunger and C) showed everyone else moaning (including me) that the pairing we've been crying out for doesn't work.

It is generally accepted that in all walks of life going out to fail is a rare personal trait. However, there is a point beyond that and it is the "doing just enough" area a lot of people exist in. ...I think that is where Gabby is right now.

Someone like Beckham, for example, is a prime case of somebody who will constantly push to achieve a standard and maintain it. Giggs is another....

There was a time when Giggs was getting some pretty fearful stick from United fans a few years back. Worse than Gabby got yesterday.

I think that sometimes people can be guilty of trying too hard.

Gabby has lost confidence, and as a result his instinctive game has gone. He looks slower, and more static. This is (in my inexpert diagnosis) not a case of "just doing enough", but of just a loss of form and "tightening up" mentally and thus physically.

Fergie persisted with Giggs, and MO'N will no doubt do the same with Gabby.

Gabby has worked massively hard - he doesn't strike me as someone who lacks for application.

Â