The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I'm not totally enamoured with the idea of rebooting a series so soon after the previous attempt.

This.

Although I am extremely interested in the Wolverine reboot (The Wolverine) by Darren Aronofsky. It's really exciting to see such a good director working on the film and hopefully he will do Wolvie justice this time. He does appear to be going with the right story arc aswell (in Japan). I just hope he matches a great story with action. It is Wolverine afterall and everyone wants to see him tearing stuff up with his adamantium claws. :D

I'm also looking forward to the X-Men reboot (X-Men First Class). Matthew Vaughn directing and Bryan Singer involved can surely only be a good thing. I just hope they aren't trying to aim it too much at kids though, which could well be the case. Good cast though for the most part and they apparently have something like five or six seperate effects teams working on it. Looks like they are going all out on it so hopefully it won't be a letdown.

Law Abiding Citizen.

Awesome movie, what a performance from Gerard Butler he certainly has come along as an actor from his days acting in movies such as "Reign of Fire" playing 2nd fiddle to Christian Bale.

Cant say im a big fan of Jamie Foxx but he plays the cocky cool role so well in this movie

Law Abiding Citizen.

Awesome movie, what a performance from Gerard Butler he certainly has come along as an actor from his days acting in movies such as "Reign of Fire" playing 2nd fiddle to Christian Bale.

Cant say im a big fan of Jamie Foxx but he plays the cocky cool role so well in this movie

Are you saying that Gerard Butler is a better actor than Christian Bale?

Law Abiding Citizen.

Did we watch the same film?! Thought it was bloody awful and Gerard Butler was useless, as always...

Watched Rec 2 last night, thoroughly enjoyed it, loved the direction it took although im guessing many didnt. While not as original as the first, it was a great film and a worthy sequel. Looking forward to this years prequel now, Rec: genesis then Rec 3 late next year.

the social network did the buisness at the globes. best film (drama) , best director, best screenplay and best original score.

firth/portman as expected.

Crazy if you ask me, when it comes to Social Network. I thought it was a good film, yet no way near as good as some people seem to think it is. Best director is truly shocking in my opinion. No way near the best directed film of the year...

Â