World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Give it two or three more patches...

Actually, I would imagine it would be difficult to explain to somebody who has only played the game now what World of Warcraft was when we all played. There are a lot of good changes in the game now, but its pretty obvious Blizzard are making a lot of them to suit people who have been playing for five years. The one thing I still dont like is homogenization of classes. They did used to be different once upon a time. Now everybody seems to have a crowd control, a silence, a heal, a pet, an escape (etc) and it seems quite pointless there being any difference. I cant really see the point in rolling a "pure" class these days either. Why pick a Rogue when you can pick a Druid and spec Feral (cat) and Resto and switch on the fly with dual specs.

and have both an ally and a horde on the same server....

Yep, thats what I've done. So if you want me to tell you where shadowninja is, just tell me and I'll log, and update you on vent!

You have to give it to Shadowninja, he is dedicated to world PvP

According to the armory, he has ganked 14,500 people in world PvP. That is a hell of a high number. I'm quite impressed!

and have both an ally and a horde on the same server....

Yep, thats what I've done. So if you want me to tell you where shadowninja is, just tell me and I'll log, and update you on vent!

You have to give it to Shadowninja, he is dedicated to world PvP

According to the armory, he has ganked 14,500 people in world PvP. That is a hell of a high number. I'm quite impressed!

He mentioned you in a thread I was reading today Nays. It was on the Tarren Mill forum on the WoW website.

I like Shadowninja though, even though he is a dirty alliance scumbag. :mrgreen:

Was he nice about me?

And its a shame you have to have an active account to be able to post on those forums. I have a smart ass answer to this thread ready and waiting.

UMP .45 w/Silencer

SPAS 12

Scavenger

Cold Blooded

Ninja

Predator Missile

Harrier Strike

Pave Low

Props to any man who makes that post happen.

Was he nice about me?

And its a shame you have to have an active account to be able to post on those forums. I have a smart ass answer to this thread ready and waiting.

UMP .45 w/Silencer

SPAS 12

Scavenger

Cold Blooded

Ninja

Predator Missile

Harrier Strike

Pave Low

Props to any man who makes that post happen.

Nayson, stop nerding up the WoW thread. There's a time and a place for that and it isn't here!

I loved griefing in WoW. One of my favourites was to frost shock allies swimming their way into Serpentshrine Lake.

Another was when they were bringing out Arenas for the first time. You could join a queue in Gadgetztan, then kill a lowbie alliance, then as the guards came over to tear you a new one, you joined the Arena and reset the agro.

Dunno, we did that fairly regularly for a couple of years didnt we? The teleporter to Gnomeregan by the Inn? The absolute best thing about that is that the teleporter was Horde only, so even when a group of max level Alliance turned up you could still shoot people with relative impunity. :D

Level 5 Pally on Stormrage here.

Make that 10 now.

Anybody doing smith/mining as professions - need a little advice, ta. When you create your items sometimes listings will be green, yellow and orange. Why is this? Secondly, at my level is the best way to smith anything then sell it to store until my level increases a little? Something like 30-40 atm.

The colour gives you an indication of how likely a skill up is. Orange; you'll always gain a skill point, yellow, about 50/50 chance, green you can gain a skill point, but it's quite rare.

If you don't want to use any of the items that you can craft at the moment and just want to skill up, the best thing to do is to just create the items that will be cheapest per skill up point, so you're investing as little mats into skilling up as possible, and then try to sell them on the auction house.

I try to not vendor anything that isn't grey. Even white items sell reasonably well. Crafted items should always be auctioned, even if they don't sell right away, the prices they sell for on the AH are miles more than vendor value. It might mean keeping some in the bank if you're making loads of a particular item at once.

Also keep in mind that low level ores sell for a reasonable amount on the AH as people like to power level professions instead of farming for mats, so if you're moving on to higher level ores, don't vendor the lower level ones, sell them.

Almost everything is worth auctioning.

I always found professions as something of a time sink after quests started giving gold as rewards. In vanilla they were the only way to make money and I always found that gathering professions were the way to make money as people are lazy and will pay for ingredients they cant be bothered to collect more than they will pay to buy crafted items.

I guess bind on pickup items are a good way to get decent gear when you hit the level cap, if you level up a profession now then you will probably have access to some great stuff for the first few months of Cataclysm until content patches give better loot. Make sure you get a profession that you can use yourself. Id avoid enchanting, its shit.

Oh, and this will save you a lot of time and money.

I always found that gathering professions were the way to make money as people are lazy and will pay for ingredients they cant be bothered to collect more than they will pay to buy crafted items.

Crafting professions are much better in terms of gold per hour, but usually only once you've got the professions maxed out. Gathering professions are good at making gold while levelling as people don't farm in the old zones anymore, but it's an incredibly tedious way to make gold at 80, as is questing. I make 95%+ of my gold from the AH. 10 minutes a day sitting at the AH, and I make a pretty decent amount, usually 2k+ per day.

Gathering is a reliable way of making gold, but makes a lot less; it's a bit like working in a supermarket compared to working on the stock exchange. Gathering has less risk, requires no money investment, but it costs you a hell of a lot of time to make any reasonable profit.

Â