World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Just had a super DPS flipout on the Baron run.

Put all my + damage gear on (205 spell damage, on top of the 500 that a shadowbolt already does) plus sacraficed Succubus (+15% shadow damage) plus Curse of Shadow (drops targets shadow resists by 75 and +10% shadow damage) and i have Ruin (100% crit bonus) and Improved shadowbolt (after a critical strike next four sources of shadow damage recive a 20% bonus)

Then i hit five critical strikes in a row. From someone with a 10% crit chance, 5 in a row is just one of those blue moon things. Never seen before, doubt ill ever see again. I think the weakest bolt was 1700, the most powerful 2200. Must have laid down 9,000 + damage in little more than 15 seconds. Tank did lose aggro, but the thing died before it could get near me.

Then he dropped the Hat ive done the Baron for on about 8 occasions.

noooo3ht.jpg

Fucksocks.

Oh, and i need a moltern core key. Guild are raiding it, and doing ok with dropping some of the bosses. There is an invite for you if you want Tarj. I dont even think they are arsed about what spec priests are.

Anyone fancy 10 man BRD for the key anytime soon?

Got a shammy quest last night for an epic helmet in Scholo, drops in the Ossuary or somewhere. Anyone care to fill me in on what Scholo is like, how many areas there are, what to expect etc?

me... ;-)

and bicks is 'grunt insignia' not sold in Elizabeth Duke

lol @ Al

having just logged in and the 420 hk's I got after midnight last night didnt seemingly count towards this week and I'm still 3/4 way through Grunt, I reckon Sergeant by next Tuesday is not only possible but I'll be pissed if its not higher

Got a shammy quest last night for an epic helmet in Scholo, drops in the Ossuary or somewhere. Anyone care to fill me in on what Scholo is like, how many areas there are, what to expect etc?

Scholo is great.

Its rough at first, so jump in on some classruns to get to know the ropes. Scholo is a place where you will need tactics, unlike most Instances you have done to date, where you can just overpower stuff.

The Shamie epic quest. Well, lets just say its **** hard.

You have to get to Rattlegores room. Not too bad to do as a five man. He is the first boss, but he is no pushover. Certainly if the Tank **** the pulls up (penty of adds)

When you have cleared his room, you have to summon a shitload of elite ghosts. Wave after wave of the bastards. When i tried it, we got wiped about four times (though i think the Priest shackling them might have had more to do with it. Trying to take one out with the shackle seemed to be pulling the entire room.) but you will need good healers and tanks. Id advise against taking any more squishies than you really need to. Read up on tactics on Thottbot or somewhere too.

I got tired of finding keyholders for my UBRS runs, so I'm currently doing 5 man LBRS runs in order to get parts for my own key. Very enjoyable, and I got shadowcraft gloves as a drop from a boss. I forgot how much fun 5 man runs were, you can't carry anyone like in a raid, and its a lot more personal, I was in an excellent group last night.

Risso, its weird thinking that you haven't done scholo, let alone UBRS or strat, they are ace, I've got loads still to collect from those instances , not to mention ZG whilst I'm keeping 1 eye on fire ress for the big one, though thats a long way off, its fair to say i have enough to last me up until the expansion pack!

Just a quickie at what level did you lot start ganking allies?

L20 I'd say, as soon as I was turned out from the comfort of The Barrens into contested areas.

What sort of group do I need for my shammy q in Scholo, and who fancies it tonight?!

I think for me, it was in the 40's, but it should vary by class. Rogues start kicking the shit out of everything quite early. Other classes might have to wait. People always attacked Warriors while levelling up. Boy are they in for a surprise at level 60..

I was hampered by cloth armour (we are always the first to be attacked) low burst damage (dots suck at low levels) and the fact that the Warlock was a bit gimped before the Death Coil change in patch 1.8. But having a mount changed things, 40 really is a landmark level in that the game opens up more for you (though Shamen and Druids can shapeshift before then, so its probably less true) and you are on the run to becoming quite a powerful character, and your talent points actually start to count for something. 25-40 is as rough as ****. Easily the hardest time on the game, due to the ganking. But when you get through it you will have learned more about your class than you ever could on a Vanilla (PvE) server, and you will be a much better player for it. And then you can be the level ?? player kicking the shit out of lowbies in Stranglethorn and Ashenvale...

Just a quickie at what level did you lot start ganking allies?

L20 I'd say, as soon as I was turned out from the comfort of The Barrens into contested areas.

See, Proof that Shamies are overpowered! :mrgreen:

What sort of group do I need for my shammy q in Scholo, and who fancies it tonight?!

To be honest Riss, you dont have a chance of doing it before level 60. It really is rough as ****. Start doing the classruns in Scholo and Strat and even UBRS raids now, and get some decent armour, and some experience of Scholomance. You will have fun just doing that, and you will get plenty of shit hot loot to go with it too. I cant see you getting the Helm for a few weeks yet.

We've still got to go back to Stonetalon and have revenge on that elite mob for one shotting Dan!

"after three, onurrghhhhh!"

So explain Scholo a bit more for me Nays, what bits can I do, and what bits I can't.

Â