World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Bicks definatly shouldnt pull. Then they run right past Si and aggro me. The best tactic would be, Risso backing me, with Si tanking and totems all around. Dan should fight, but in another way methinks...you fight to much like a warrior. Wouldnt you be better off running inn and out all the time stabbing? Im no rogue expert, but thats what they do in duels...wont stay **** still

And now i feel like a hero.

pvpcoolness3ih.jpg

Im riding through Ferelas to do a quest, and as Si will testify, its quite a twisty main path in points. I come around the corner to see an Alliance Warrior (level 44) wailing on a Horde Warlock (level 41) the Horde guy is just trying to run away, but the Alliance isnt having any of it, and charge stuns the warlock.

I dont think he banked on me coming around the corner. I slapped on the curse of shadows while the Warrior was still trying to kill my mate, and then i start to cast the shadowbolt....

2.5 second casting time, and every fraction of every second im saying to myself "please crit-please crit-please crit..." and as the shot is fired off, boom! 1052 crit! :mrgreen:

The warrior drops in one hit. And look at the honour points i get! PvP servers rule sometimes. They really do..

Never tell D1 about anything! Especially sharp and blue swords...becuase he will jet it into your back at the very first moment he gets :wink:

Hope it sells good matey. That would give me some comfort, maybe i have an eye for picking up bargains.

Bicks definatly shouldnt pull. Then they run right past Si and aggro me. The best tactic would be, Risso backing me, with Si tanking and totems all around. Dan should fight, but in another way methinks...you fight to much like a warrior. Wouldnt you be better off running inn and out all the time stabbing? Im no rogue expert, but thats what they do in duels...wont stay **** still

No you missed the bit where I said I was using the wrong shot last night, I used my big F*ck off shot, which instantly drags everone our way at the back, this is wrong, I only need to hit them with something very light so when the tank hits em he becomes the greater threat and they stay with the tank.

When Si pulls em in because he does it by running up to them he pulls loads at once which is another reason why we get mullered, the idea is to pull em in ones and twos only, which requires a ranged shot but not of big bertha proportions, just a mild hit, to pull each baddie away from the pack, that way WE control the melee and not the baddies

When Si pulls em in because he does it by running up to them he pulls loads at once which is another reason why we get mullered, the idea is to pull em in ones and twos only, which requires a ranged shot but not of big bertha proportions, just a mild hit, to pull each baddie away from the pack, that way WE control the melee and not the baddies

Sorry, got to disagree there Bicks. I Always try to pull one or two, its one of the first rules in an instance. The only reason I ever use charge is when there is a single mob as it generates rage and generally scares the shit out of them. :winkold:

When we were in SM the other night I asked a few times to pull, only to be ignored. :?

thats not ignored btw, it takes time, thats what people sometimes fail to understand, its not one simple press, its a combination (I have to change from aspect to aspect as I've usualy been in melee prior) and the shot I was using "aimed shot" takes three seconds to activate, thats what the delay was, But as I say, "aimed shot" isnt the way to do it, I've learned since as it brings too much heat to the back and is too slow. I wasnt doing things right, but I've learned a bit more since the other night. Buts its not such a simple thing to execute as people think and patience is needed (in fact serpent sting is the shot to use as it causes damage over time followed by a quick concusive shot to slow them down a bit). All in all the other night was a bit of a f*ck up but I've read loads since then. I also need to work out which spells need to go on one bar to keep things simple for instances

I'm also trying to practise setting a trap before pulling the enemy to increase the damage but minimise the heat at the back (I've got three different ones so I'm experimenting with that too)

Anyway its all part of the learning curve :D

^^^Totally agree, it took me until mid lvl 30's to really understand my character and I'm still learning bits and pieces now. My only criticism from the other night would be that people need to take more time to assess situations etc. and thats coming from a Warrior! :lol:

Never realised you had multiple shots btw. Very nice!

Bicks I'll post the URL for a brilliant toolbar mod later, it's ace. I've basically got too many spells and totems now to comfortably use, so I downloaded an add on which gives you up to ten bars, with upto 12 buttons on. You can resize them, and drqag them to wherever you want on the screen. It means that I've got all my fire totems grouped together, all my healing spells on another, all my shocks on another etc. makes picking the right one in a fight a doddle. I'll post a screen shot as well later so you can see what I mean.

Never realised you had multiple shots btw. Very nice!

I got loads tbh

Arcane shot

Multi shot (very dangerous in an instance unless were in shit creek anyway, Hits three targets at once)

Scorpid sting

aimed shot (the big Mutha)

serpent sting

concussive shot

distracting shot

auto shot (we're the only class to get this apparently, just keeps firing away)

rapid fire (reduces shot time by 40% for 15 secs)

Add to that all the different beast aspects I can take on

hawk (increases range attack power)

cheetah adds speed but means 1 hit and I'm dazed (I only use this on roads)

Monkey - used for melee, increases dodge chance

I also have traps - freezing, frost and immolation (need to work these out properly still but they cant be used in combat, they have to be laid before combat commences)

then there's the melee stuff to add too, raptor stike, mongoose bite, war stomp..........................................

You should see what its like being a Warlock... (even Blizzards own website says its the "most involving" class to play as!)

edit: some shots of me at level 46. I just bought the cowboy mask because it looks ace!

merank46one8wu.jpgmerank46two3vq.jpgmerank46three5au.jpgmerank46four6fl.jpg

What tool bar system do you use Nays? Mine's ace, I'm perfectly set up now, and as I gain new (over!) powers I can easily add them to the right place, superb.

Hope everybody's downloaded the agro bar as well, we'll need it tonight for the library (assuming you gits didn't finish it last night!)

I just use the standard game one, plus a Warlock Specific one called Necrosis, which is for all the non combat skills we have (and belive me, there are a lot!)

I really must get my combat interface sorted. I wouldnt mind sticking everything on the right hand numberpad actually.

is there an option to just come on and watch you guys as it would take me years if i started now

Would it heck. Juju's up to the mid teens already after a few days. You can borrow my copy if you like, as it has a 14 day free trial option.

(Read: Here Al, try some crack, don't worry, it's not addictive!)

Â