Carew... Do we miss him, with Poll added

Laursen1977

Do we miss John Carew (who I am led to believe is bigger than me or you)  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Do we miss John Carew (who I am led to believe is bigger than me or you)

• Yes we do
    • Course we don’t, not with Mr OG being our main striker and the like

Yes we still miss him. Stats can be manipulated to favour any argument.

:lol:

That's not manipulating anything.

That's a very good number of games in which to make a judgement.

We get way more points and a lot more goals without him, we don't miss him.

Yeah we are coping well without him, but I still think we miss him in terms of we can only play one way now. Carew is very good at holding up the ball and I think then, we don't have to rely on our pace and counter attacking power.

Yeah we are coping well without him, but I still think we miss him in terms of we can only play one way now. Carew is very good at holding up the ball and I think then, we don't have to rely on our pace and counter attacking power.

So we miss this imaginary thing called a 'plan b'

Plan A has got us 27 points from 12, which is title winning form....I'll stick with that, thanks.

Look with Carew in our team it's dangerous for teams to sit deep to defend against our pace because Carew can win balls launched into the box. Simply put he's an asset to our team.

Obviously not that dangerous, because we score less and gain less points when he plays?

We still miss him.

In which way?

Results? Nope, we get a lot more points.

Goals? Nope, we score a lot more.

Defence? Nope, we even concede less.

What do we miss then?

We miss m because he's a damn good player, and who's to say our results wouldn't be even better with him in the team? The way you're talking you'd think the reason we've gone on a good run is because he's out of the team. Very naive.

We still miss him.

In which way?

Results? Nope, we get a lot more points.

Goals? Nope, we score a lot more.

Defence? Nope, we even concede less.

What do we miss then?

There is no point you have made your mind up, your wrong in my view but your entitled to your opinion.

That's not manipulating anything.

That's a very good number of games in which to make a judgement.

We get way more points and a lot more goals without him, we don't miss him.

Well I guess you would have to line up each game and put up an estimation of points beforehand,

look at the opposition according to the table and statistics, inuries, form etc. Over time and seasons

I guess you can make conclusions but not during a single one. Forget it

We miss him IMO because

1) We seem more isolated up front

2) We are scoring goals on the break and not through sustained pressure where the ball is held up and worked

3) Thank god for Mr. OG

4) Our set pieces do not look as dangerous

5) We have limited options - MON prefers no-one up front

From a results perspective we are doing great but how great will it be to have him back. Hopefully it will be like a new signing and he will be all fired up also.

But Owngoal is so much better up front with Gabby and scoring for fun. :winkold:

What is it now, 4 goals in the last 5 for Owngoal?

How long can we rely on own goals and blunders from the likes of Jagielka and Carson to get results? I'm not saying we aren't playing well, but often times you don't get results because you don't take your chances. We have been avoiding that with own goals. I can think of several draws that could've been wins with Carew in there, and several wins that probably would've been more comfortable. I definitely think we are much easier to defend on set pieces without him. Plus Gabby can't play every game. I don't think there's an argument that we don't need strikers.

Look with Carew in our team it's dangerous for teams to sit deep to defend against our pace because Carew can win balls launched into the box. Simply put he's an asset to our team.

Obviously not that dangerous, because we score less and gain less points when he plays?

Pointless statistic. Its about winning games not just scoring goals. If you know anything about football you'd know hiow much of an asset a big talented player like Carew can give a team. Especially at Villa Park, maybe we are better 4-5-1 away from home but I know we missed carew in the Fulham game.

Â