Conor Gallagher

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Didn't Juventus get a massive points deduction and a European ban for doing something like this recently? 

No idea.  Not sure how they’d say we’d overvalued a player to be honest with the market having quite a variation in values for players.  There is not set fee structure in football, it would be hard to prove I would think.

• Like 1

We have to remember it's a squad game now and the 5 subs off the bench. Depth is key. Gallagher plays a variety of positions so would likely be involved in some way in every game. 

Only way I see this happening is with a 'dodgy' deal between friends (aka Wes and Todd). Smart business whatever way you look at it and doubtful that it can be proven if/when someone kicks up a fuss. 

Personally, would rather the fee is spent elsewhere.. could probably get Frinpong and Fofana for the asking price of Gallagher 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Whoever that guy is (talking tactics), he’s been known to be very accurate in the past. 

I wonder what a few deals could mean?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoever that guy is (talking tactics), he’s been known to be very accurate in the past. 

Duran and Gallagher 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeah he called Ings, Zaniolo and many others.

3 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

David Datro Fofana Looked good at Burnley, and we were tentatively linked with Cesare Casadei last summer. Maatsen for left back … that Chukwuemeka kid was suppose to be good 😉

They can have Durán for £40mill + . McGinn for £75mill + … Matty Cash for £35mill+ . Konsa for £80mill. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

You’d think if both have PSR issues that something creative to bend PSR just enough without breaking the rules that benefits both teams.  I could imagine a couple of players going both ways with as little financial impact possible or the other way that have a lot of financial impact to allow both clubs more PSR space, I can’t imagine it being a straight buyer and seller arrangement.  Gallagher could be one of those players but like you say it’ll be interesting who else could be involved from both teams.

Really rate Gallagher, surprised at the low opinions of him. 

We need to do more than remove squad players to improve, we need pace in defence and energy in midfield to protect the defence. I think Gallagher provides that. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Poch has taken time but finally found a way to get that team playing, in particular Gallagher.

This. Take him out of Pochworld, and he's going to be different. He's always reminded me a bit of McTominay or someone like that. Frenetic but somehow inconsistent, too. Chelsea would be mad to let him go now. He's a big part of their new winning thing. I think they're going to be difficult next year.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, Stratvillan said:

Really rate Gallagher, surprised at the low opinions of him. 

We need to do more than remove squad players to improve, we need pace in defence and energy in midfield to protect the defence. I think Gallagher provides that. 

Gallagher is their captain and somebody their manager has openly stated on several occasions that he doesn’t want to lose. He’s been brilliant for them this past 3 months.

That and he’s seemingly never injured and can play various positions. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gallagher is their captain and somebody their manager has openly stated on several occasions that he doesn’t want to lose. He’s been brilliant for them this past 3 months.

Elite Management Ltd. rightfully sees a chance to up his comparatively low salary. They're seizing the chance whilst it lasts. No way he leaves Chelsea, but Todd needs to pay more.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Elite Management Ltd. rightfully sees a chance to up his comparatively low salary. They're seizing the chance whilst it lasts. No way he leaves Chelsea, but Todd needs to pay more.

But Todd doesn’t want to pay him more, he wants to sell him for pure profit 

Always rated Gallagher and would do well under Unai. Just can't see us signing him unless one or both of Luiz and Ramsey leave. (Which I suspect may well be the case anyway)

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

It seems I have to subscribe to the telegraph to read this rubbish.

Just to let you know I’m not going to. 😡

archive.ph is your friend

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

That and he's also a luxury player in consideration of what we really need.  60mil for Gallagher honestly fixes every other shortcoming we have.

Â