FAB meeting - 22nd May 2024

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'll add my thanks for all the hard work you do on our behalf OBE.

I'm probably not a 'typical Villa fan' any more due to being an old codger, but I would like the club to know that I am both delighted and excited to be a fan at this time. The high level of management expertise that has been brought in to take the club towards the top level is exceptional, and I trust them  to do a great job. The resources that we now have to make the next big step are miles above anything I have seen in my many years as a Villa supporter.

I have only one point to make and it is this .... The lack of COMMUNICATION with us, the fans .... I suspect many of us would be totally happy to stop stressing and moaning and leave some very talented people to get on with what they do best, if only the club would dramatically improve their communication skills. We are currently treated like commercially grown mushrooms .... fed sh*t by wildly speculating social media while being kept in the dark by the club .... So please give a big shout out at the FAB meeting for vastly improved COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION, COMMUNICATION. Cheers OBE.  

We're all Villa fans

Mate

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Feel like someone should mention that senior managers talking down about their predecessors who oversaw a massive growth in sporting and commercial position is a bit off and does not reflect well on them. 

Ask what level of contingency is given over to ongoing maintenance and operation of the North stand in place of redevelopment given that it's at the end of its functional life, have external surveyors and structural engineers been retained to ensure that the building remains safe and appropriate? How much life can be squeezed out of it given methods of construction and lifespan to date. 

5% increases in season tickets still double current levels of inflation, bit grim. Assume match tickets difficult to secure again and uplift at least equal. Rationale behind scrapping expansion feels shaky at best. More dynamic ticketing system would reduce the random empties to games that appear sold out (and would allow more groups to attend rather than ones and twos). 

Security/stewarding is an issue. At Olympiacos, there were some Olympiacos fans in the stand near us, some cretin came running up to the row in front of me shouting 'foreign words removed.' out repeatedly, he ran up multiple stairs (and stood on someones toes) to shout abuse at fans that hadn't been any trouble. I challenged him, stewards came no where near the bloke that was causing more issue and acting in an inappropriate and xenophobic manner. I was left shaking as I was convinced he was gonna nut me but i couldn't let it go unsaid that being foreign wasn't a crime and he was more of an issue, kids around us were terrified - and not by the Olympiacos supporters. It ruined the night for me more than the result! Wanted to speak to a steward afterwards, everyone around was a contractor/teenager. Far too. uch acceptance of this kind of behaviour, when it should be zero tolerance. 

Edited by Dale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Sounds like you will anyway, but please ask them to explain the thought process behind why yellow on light blue was brought back. That colour match up was a huge reason why we moved away from the Lerner era badge in the first place.

It's not been a villa colour combination for most of our history or any of our successful periods.

Yellow on light blue is such a jarring colour scheme that isn't visible from any distance. What we do with that colour scheme won't scale well (drop shadow or not).

I'd like to reiterate this point re yellow on light blue and ask why we seem to be reusing the old flat lion form the lerner badge when we have a much more vibrant, aggressive looking ( and more scalable) new lion from  the Dragon Rouge current round crest.  The old lerner lion is being used by other clubs on their website and companies selling other products - surely it it trademarked as an Aston Villa Lion - and if not, then why reuse it?  How does this new trademarked blue and yellow badge represent Aston Villa on the global stage - our colours are claret and blue  - the badge should be predominately claret and blue, with gold accents only.  How do they think this new badge scales on social media, in the media etc and across the world to represent the original (150 year old) claret n blue team? 

Thank you for all your work in this area and best of luck getting any straight answers - to echo the other post, the current lack of communication and misdirection is insulting to the fan base.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dale said:

Feel like someone should mention that senior managers talking down about their predecessors who oversaw a massive growth in sporting and commercial position is a bit off and does not reflect well on them. 

Ask what level of contingency is given over to ongoing maintenance and operation of the North stand in place of redevelopment given that it's at the end of its functional life, have external surveyors and structural engineers been retained to ensure that the building remains safe and appropriate? How much life can be squeezed of of it given methods of construction and lifespan to date.

Nailed it on both counts.

I'd just like to thank everyone at the club for bringing Villa back to life.  Obviously there is room for improvement / more progress - but this has been the best 18 months as a Villan that I can remember since the 1980s.  So I'd like to propose that the meeting starts off with the FAB giving the club officials a 30 second standing ovation.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dale said:

When did this happen ? Heck could easily be referring to the outsourcing driven by wyness to fanatics as the main one. It’s fair to question the size of the commercial deals from before - Purslow appointed Gerrard as much for his name as ability to help grow the brand and got BK8 on the back of that 

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

When did this happen ? Heck could easily be referring to the outsourcing driven by wyness to fanatics as the main one. It’s fair to question the size of the commercial deals from before - Purslow appointed Gerrard as much for his name as ability to help grow the brand and got BK8 on the back of that 

Even if it was about older legacy, still don't think it's particularly becoming to go in like that publicly; he could make the same points without the side swipes at predecessors who all performed their duties under markedly worse circumstances for a football club. 

• Thanks 1

I already posted this for the meeting about season tickets that never happened. It is more of a request than a question. But please, if season-ticket holders are to be moved out of their seats to accommodate corporate seating, then please could they be given an early opportunity to move to a seat as close to their original seat as possible Prior to the reallocation window

• Like 3

• Remind them a ~5% increase is nearly double inflation during a cost of living crisis, it's not modest - and let's face it, it won't be 5%, it'll be 5-10%. The money they make from those increases are minimal and they don't have to do it and won't be getting praised. Especially when they've gone up so much the last three years. And they'll be increasing them again next year.
  • Their badge communication has been very poor. Why? Did they see the online reaction to the awful one they're about to reveal and panic? What are the specific reasons to change a brand new fan voted one, then not announce a different one?
  • Heck's 150 year loopy writing thing looks awful. That can be given as a statement not a question.
  • Have they investigated the cocksuckers twitter thing that went round? Any concerns someone is trying cause unrest internally or externally?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If North stand doesn’t get replaced by 2030 (after Euro’s) are there desires to make any incremental capacity increases somehow? 

are the club aware of complexities of season ticket holders, (who especially already attend in family groups), getting tickets for younger family members coming through the ranks. I know their answer will be they can join a club and get a ticket ~ somewhere in the ground, but what do the other members of family then do? Without expansion this problem is growing,  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1