Midweek Football 16/19 April

andykeenan

The thing is that in the big matchups between Arsenal/City/Liverpool - the first two have opted to make the game boring as possible to make sure neither side gets a win to pull away from the table.

This does not work in the UCL where you have to try and win!

All the time, City and Arsenal lack the players and the strategem to push forward quickly when the time comes and instead let the opponent sit deeper and deeper in the box. That might work against the Burnleys and Lowtons of the world but not Bayern and Madrid.

Then you see how much damage Bayern or Madrid can do with 3/4 passes and some special players running quickly with the ball.

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

It would be nice to qualify for the CL, doing it via 5th on some kind of technicality cheapens it a bit for me. I wouldn’t complain about it, but I’m also not going to get all worked up every time and English side concedes a goal either.

I get that, but I kind of enjoy it.

• Like 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

Doku is just so hard to stop the way he can square a player up then just explode off either foot to get a yard or two of space for a cross. 

This is what I try to explain to ppl sometimes.

Yeah Jack is a very good player, but different. I prefer an explosive player, especially in modern football.

It's why I've always preferred the likes of Foden.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, more end product than Grealish managed in 70 minutes

I mean, he hasn't done anything different to Grealish at all,  the Madrid defender just made an error and gave the ball to De Bruyne for the goal.

Â