Midweek Football 26/28 Febuary

andykeenan

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Rashford just spent the first 30 minutes trotting around and then throwing his arms in the air at the ref when he doesn't get a free kick. That's all he has done.

Laughable if he still makes the England squad in a few weeks.

According to some "experts" he would thrive under new ownership 😂

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Laughable if he still makes the England squad in a few weeks.

<Southgate enters the chat> 🤣

You know Southgate is going to pick him, like he will pick Phillips and Henderson. 

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Not sure how a massively out of form striker with terrible attitude on massive money taking a step down to Villa would be a quality signing. It’s a plethora of red flags.

Bailey has been accused by many of having a terrible attitude btw. Short memories indeed 😆

5 minutes ago, birdman said:

Bailey has been accused by many of having a terrible attitude btw. Short memories indeed 😆

I have personally not seen that. His form has been erratic at times but I haven’t seen an issue with his attitude on the pitch like Rashford’s.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have personally not seen that. His form has been erratic at times but I haven’t seen an issue with his attitude on the pitch like Rashford’s.

Oh yes when Bailey was struggling he was getting pelters. I was just making a point that a frustrated and struggling player may not necessarily be a bad egg.

2 hours ago, calcifer said:

You know Southgate is going to pick him, like he will pick Phillips and Henderson. 

Thing about this tournament is final squad size has been reduced to 23 players. Last two have been 26 so Southgate can't get away with picking too many favourites this time otherwise they'll be a huge outcry in media.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thing about this tournament is final squad size has been reduced to 23 players. Last two have been 26 so Southgate can't get away with picking too many favourites this time otherwise they'll be a huge outcry in media.

Southgate doesn't care what the media has to say, he is a stubborn fool. 

3 hours ago, calcifer said:

Saw a thing on Facebook earlier with start, bench, sell and it was Ollie, Bowen and solanke 

Was surprised by how many went with that obvious order and how much praise Ollie was getting in general 

Was also surprised by seemingly around 30% of the comments also made reference to big nose picking rashford over those 3 regardless 

People have clocked on to him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Saw a thing on Facebook earlier with start, bench, sell and it was Ollie, Bowen and solanke 

Was surprised by how many went with that obvious order and how much praise Ollie was getting in general 

Was also surprised by seemingly around 30% of the comments also made reference to big nose picking rashford over those 3 regardless 

People have clocked on to him 

🤨 is that even a debate?

9 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

🤨 is that even a debate?

3 highest PL english scorers so im guessing thats where its coming from

dont think i saw a single response saying solanke who actually has more goals

a few went for bowen because of his position but id say that makes him more in competition with grealish, gordon, palmer, barnes etc 

majority were saying ollie and a lot of people were pointing out his assists and overall work rate + contribution makes him head and shoulders above the other 2 - which is the right answer

Just now, villa4europe said:

3 highest PL english scorers so im guessing thats where its coming from

dont think i saw a single response saying solanke who actually has more goals

a few went for bowen because of his position but id say that makes him more in competition with grealish, gordon, palmer, barnes etc 

majority were saying ollie and a lot of people were pointing out his assists and overall work rate + contribution makes him head and shoulders above the other 2 - which is the right answer

All on the same goals, Watkins destroying them for assists.

Another goal tonight, Viktor Gyökeres now has 31 goals and 11 assist in 34 games for Sporting all competitions this season. That's pretty decent.

Â