Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

10 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

You said 25-30 mil on a RB. And Konsa is preferred as RB over cash too. Him being 3rd choice would be terrible for his value. So if we did sign a new RB we should sell cash. Digne is different because he still has way more book value it's very hard to make it make that much sense unless we get 20 mil for digne.

Konsa plays at RB because Unai doesn’t want cash to play there in some games whether thats mostly down to trust or depending on opponent not sure, if he had a RB he highly rates then Konsa doesn’t start at RB he would always be CB 👍 Therefore Cash would be the 2nd option  at RB, who knows Emery may look to move him on 

10 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Again Rogers' average stats is kind of a myth. He was 99th percentile for expected assists and was a physical monster who is only 21. He was also very good at receiving the ball from deep positions for a winger too. 

Also we did only have 1 lb when we signed moreno as augustinson went back in January.

Baena statistically is good not amazing. 85th percentile for xA which is impressive but his finishing is OK but not great, defensively he's very poor, and he's not a great carrier of the ball and his overall ball retention isn't great either. Imo he really isn't the type of player we need, as Tielemans and him fill a fairly similar role in terms of being a high volume playmaker and elite passer but Tielemans is more versatile, stronger defensively and a bigger goal threat (even though he hit the post like 4 times this season). Buendia is also fairly comparable statistically to baena. Baena is a fair bit better than Buendia attacking but obviously Buendia is really good defensively and the difference between their expected assists is not that significant either.

Plus I don't really know where we would play him? LM, then what about Ramsey and Rogers, maybe as the CAM? But again we have Tielemans, Mcginn, Diaby who can play there. 

And that is basically equal to our record fee we certainly wouldn't be signing him to be a sub in our best lineups. I'd worry that signing him would mean Ramsey is on the move. 

Ramsey and Rogers aren’t players we would expect to start at the Bernabeu or Nou Camp, they would be players you would bring them off the bench with 20 to go, definitely not champions league ready players, i agree with your Baena assessment however.

Cash,Diaby,Carlos, Ramsey, Rogers, Olsen and maybe Tielemans… none of these players id say are at the level required to be starting against those european heavy hitting sides. 

6 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

OK just caught up with the Duran thread, threw out a Tammy suggestion and come here to see that's another minefield 😅

He's not a runner and misses a fair few chances but he's available, has experience (league/team), is cheapish (£25-30m),  and we were linked with him last summer before the injury. He'd also offer us a focal point with all the attackers behind him. But i'm clearly in the minority on this one but lets not call him useless as his goals helped get us into the Prem

AA each to their own and everyone has their opinion. Personally I don’t think he’s what we need nor for that price do I think it’s worth the risk. For the reasons you’ve just stated. Come off a major injury, wastes chances and yes he is focal point but not a player that would suit Unai’s style of tracking back. 

Zirzee from the same league is 22, no injuries, I consider a better player and with a 32m release clause. 

11 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

OK just caught up with the Duran thread, threw out a Tammy suggestion and come here to see that's another minefield 😅

He's not a runner and misses a fair few chances but he's available, has experience (league/team), is cheapish (£25-30m),  and we were linked with him last summer before the injury. He'd also offer us a focal point with all the attackers behind him. But i'm clearly in the minority on this one but lets not call him useless as his goals helped get us into the Prem

Oh and who gives a rats arse if you’re in the minority. Speak your mind and state your case. I and others might not agree with you doesn’t matter either of us is right nor wrong. 
it’s your opinion mate.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

AA each to their own and everyone has their opinion. Personally I don’t think he’s what we need nor for that price do I think it’s worth the risk. For the reasons you’ve just stated. Come off a major injury, wastes chances and yes he is focal point but not a player that would suit Unai’s style of tracking back. 

Zirzee from the same league is 22, no injuries, I consider a better player and with a 32m release clause. 

Fair enough and agree Joshua looks great. Does he have a release clause? as it's suggested they want £50-60m for him

Only concern with him is that he's only done it one year and Bayern sold him rather than loaned him. They may have made a mistake but are normally good with judging young talent

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 1

Just now, CroVillan said:

Oh and who gives a rats arse if you’re in the minority. Speak your mind and state your case. I and others might not agree with you doesn’t matter either of us is right nor wrong. 
it’s your opinion mate.

Cheers 👍  I'm probably still on probation after the interrogation getting added but after a month or two i'll be telling everyone to go F themselves  🤣 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Fair enough and agree Joshua looks great. Does he have a release clause as he's been suggested as being £50-60m

Only concern with him is that he's only done it one year and Bayern sold him rather than loaned him. They may have made a mistake but are normally good with judging young talent

Read an article today that it’s actually lower than that now. Apparently 40M euros so 34M pounds and that Bayern don’t have the exclusivity to that price. Whether they have final offer is another thing.

yep that’s it German clubs just seem to get it right whether they can offer him a starting gig and the required minutes I’m not sure and that may play in his head. 

exciting times either way. 

Martinez

New RB     Konsa   Pau/Mings    Hermoso

Kamara/New DM

Mcginn           Luiz/New CM Veiga?

Bailey/Diaby                         New LW/

Watkins/Duran

Potential Line Up 24/25

2 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Cheers 👍  I'm probably still on probation after the interrogation getting added but after a month or two i'll be telling everyone to go F themselves  🤣 

Brother it’s a football forum. We’re all on here to support the team we love and people will have a varying opinion on things. 
some conversations may get a bit heated but at the end of the day we only want what’s best for Villa. 
hahahahha that’s the spirit!! 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Martinez

Kamara/New DM

Watkins/Duran

Potential Line Up 24/25

Hmmm not a chance if we’re selling Watkins, Duran and Dougie. 

jokes lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Martinez

Kamara/New DM

Watkins/Duran

Potential Line Up 24/25

Frimpong at right back, Ugarte at DM, JJ at LW and Zirzee next to Ollie and we’re cooking. 

15 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Frimpong at right back, Ugarte at DM, JJ at LW and Zirzee next to Ollie and we’re cooking. 

I haven’t really seen any of them play much if at all, JJ is a talent but hes performances this season regardless of injuries have been way below par and now were heading into Europes most elite competition so we cant look at him as the right man to start for us especially at this time.

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

I haven’t really seen any of them play much if at all, JJ is a talent but hes performances this season regardless of injuries have been way below par and now were heading into Europes most elite competition so we cant look at him as the right man to start for us especially at this time.

Tbf Ric it was only his injury that was the issue. He was arguably our best player last year and I honestly believe if he performed the same this year he would’ve been in the England squad. 
remember the games he played he was either still injured or getting upto speed. 

5 hours ago, Alakagom said:

I may have misunderstood by are you saying Tielemans didnt show improvement under Emery?

When he was signed on free contract, every Leicester fan re-affirmed he was absolutely cooked, he didn't run on the pitch he walked. And the first few months of him being here certainly didn't refute that, but his progress past 2 months has been incredible, he's pretty much best he's ever been. And even Belgian fans were completely surprised by him during the England match, said Tielemans never played like this before for national team, by far his best ever appearance 

Ah yes, forgot the Leicester YT warnings. Fair enough, he can be scratched from that list.

2 hours ago, CroVillan said:

Damnit, you misspelled his name and now I can’t make a 300 joke about it.

• Haha 1

Ugarte int happening nor should it.  Forget the fee, he went to psg because of crazy wage they offered.  We won’t be paying those

• Like 1

Barcelona have loaned out Sergino Dest the last two seasons, he’s very well thought of and I think his loan at PSV went well. I’d be keen on a loan with an option (if PSV don’t sign him first). Feel like he is a Monchi kind of buy. 

6 hours ago, RicRic said:

Konsa plays at RB because Unai doesn’t want cash to play there in some games whether thats mostly down to trust or depending on opponent not sure, if he had a RB he highly rates then Konsa doesn’t start at RB he would always be CB 👍 Therefore Cash would be the 2nd option  at RB, who knows Emery may look to move him on 

See I disagree with this. Because playing CBs at full back is something very common. I actually think Konsa is better as a RB than a CB where his lack of physicality can be an issue. Imo it's fairly likely our best lineups next season will involve playing 3CBs the question is whether it will be Hermoso at LB or Konsa at RB. And whether it will be Carlos at RCB if Konsa is RB or it will be Mings. 

• Like 1

Â