How many points in February?

Pinebro

February prediction  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Sheffield United (A) Man Utd (H) Fulham (A) Nott Forest (H)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/24 at 16:00

I’m usually cautious when it comes to predicting Villa but I’m going for 10 points here. 

Sheff Utd W - Think we will see a reaction from the Newcastle game. They’ve conceded 54 goals this season and just don’t keep clean sheets. We’ve struggled to score in past few games and genuinely think it will click tomorrow. 

Man Utd W - Last night summed these up. Away from home they are vulnerable and think after what happened at Old Trafford being so recent I think we will put it right at Villa Park. Looks like Pau Torres is back for this game too. 

Fulham D - Tricky one this. Not sure which Fulham turn up in games these days. Can be a good side on their day. We also have a poor record at Craven Cottage, I can see this being similar to the Bournemouth game. 

Forest W - Kinda game we should be winning. Expect them to defend in a low block but hoping by this point we’ve got a bit of confidence from the previous 3 games and should be a routine home win like this fixture last season. 

• Like 1

Hmm, I’m stuck on either 3 or 5. I think we’ll draw with Sheff Utd, and I can’t decide if we’ll beat Forest or draw with them, based on how those teams have been playing against us at home lately which we struggle against.
Utd we seem to have reverted back to type so we’ll lose that. We also generally suck against London sides away from home. However think we will draw against Fulham. 
Another tough month before things pick up I reckon. 

• Haha 2

For top 4 it would need to be 8 minimum. I've gone with some kind of optimism and 6-9 but that assumes we win today. Fail to win today and the pressure is going to compound itself and we could up with barely 4

On 02/02/2024 at 19:03, Tayls said:

Hmm, I’m stuck on either 3 or 5. I think we’ll draw with Sheff Utd, and I can’t decide if we’ll beat Forest or draw with them, based on how those teams have been playing against us at home lately which we struggle against.
Utd we seem to have reverted back to type so we’ll lose that. We also generally suck against London sides away from home. However think we will draw against Fulham. 
Another tough month before things pick up I reckon. 

People make these points and they're not even true anymore:

We won at Chelsea in the league and drew 0-0 with them in the cup. We've beaten Spurs twice in 2023. Also got a decent 1-1 at West Ham after losing to them endlessly for years. Also won at Brentford for the first time since the ice age.

Our record under Unai in London is sensational so while Fulham game will be tight no reason we can't win it.

Forest is a bit of a banana skin I think as we always struggled v Nuno's Wolves teams and they had their best win of the season v us. I'll go for 5 points which will be o.k.

• 3 weeks later...
Â