Midweek Football 18/21 December

andykeenan

Just now, duke313 said:

People really believed Brighton could just keep selling their first team players 3very season and replace them with unknowns from the Peruvian 3rd division and they would still be as good.

Seems similar to Southampton a number of years back when they recruited brilliantly for a few seasons and sold players on for big profits but the supply line dried up eventually.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

People really believed Brighton could just keep selling their first team players 3very season and replace them with unknowns from the Peruvian 3rd division and they would still be as good.

We've been there

Eventually the conveyor belt of talent winds up with nzogbia... 

I like Brighton, doing things the right way but in a wrong league 

Will be interesting to see what the sense of disappointment is, currently in 9th, that can't result in negativity, they're not there yet

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

And me. Looked like he scuffed the ground and fell over. Didn’t see any contact at all.

As he lifts his foot back to start his shot, the Palace player clipped his foot. So when he starts his swing it isn't starting from where he thought it was, hence the air shot. It wasn't deliberate contact by the palace player but it 100% happened and causes the air shot.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

As he lifts his foot back to start his shot, the Palace player clipped his foot. So when he starts his swing it isn't starting from where he thought it was, hence the air shot. It wasn't deliberate contact by the palace player but it 100% happened and causes the air shot.

I believe you but I watched it 3 times and still can’t see it 😂

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I believe you but I watched it 3 times and still can’t see it 😂

Its only obviously visible from one of the angles i think. And it is slight. But when you're taking a shot like that, it's enough!

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well that is the most underwhelming 'derby' in the premier league out of the way.

You still talking about last Sundays game?? 

😉

And the old measuring stick still stands for me, police let you okay it on a week night... That ain't a Derby 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

well they are still doing fine, they are just 7 points off Champions League and through to the Europa knockout stage after winning a tricky group

9 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Brighton averaging 1.5 points per game which is the same as it was under De Zerbi last season. We're it not for the great start under Potter I guess they wouldn't have qualified for Europe. 🤔

1.5 points per game is a pretty good achievement with all the players they sold in Summer and with Thursday night football on top.

He seems like a pretty good manager. 

9 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Brighton averaging 1.5 points per game which is the same as it was under De Zerbi last season. We're it not for the great start under Potter I guess they wouldn't have qualified for Europe. 🤔

De Zerbi is way superior to Potter. 46% win record compared to the overrated Potter 31% and is only 12 wins away from Potter total wins in less than half the games

2 of Potter 5 wins last season were against relegated teams 

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And the old measuring stick still stands for me, police let you okay it on a week night... That ain't a Derby 

41 miles apart ain't any sort of derby. 

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

41 miles apart ain't any sort of derby. 

It's a weird one isn't it, I've asked on another forum before and it's a mixture of war children being moved out of south London to their stomping ground and then made a bit fiesty by one of the managers doing something in the 70s

But I stand by if the police let you play the game on a weeknight or later kick off then it's a soft Derby, you can't claim to be a big raucous fiery Derby if it's dark when you're kicking off

Â