Formula One - 2024

BOF

It’s all setup for a snoozefest.

Mclarens can’t compete with the Red Bull (although closer than the were before). 2nd hardest track to pass on and the risk of rain seems to have gone.

Thank god for that fight back from Norris, without that this could easily have been the worst race of the year. 2024 quite comfortably the worst season in recent memory, boring tracks and boring races, not good at all.

Posted (edited)

Awful race, Max’s tyres giving up slightly earlier than Lando’s gave a bit of excitement at the end but not great by a long shot.

Max seemed comfortable out front until his tyres started to fade. 

The Merc’s also rans. Ferraris slightly better but don’t look like winners.

Edited by Genie

Nice to see Max under a tiny bit of pressure and flapping like matrons skirt in a hurricane. 

I mean it'd be better to see him lose, but at least we got to see him make a pr*ck of himself again.

• Confused 1

The only good thing about that race was knowing the McLarens are genuinely quick. Another couple of laps and Lando could have had him. 

It’s encouraging. 

• Like 1

Yeah that one will be quickly forgotten. Pity Lando over-steered twice before the DRS detection zone or he would have had enough laps to do it.  Credit to Stroll and Yuki picking up the leftovers. Actually thought Yuki looked like he could do more this weekend.

Thankfully the last two races have generated some interest, let’s hope it continues. Please can the TV production company stop messing with graphics for graphics sake. I dislike the status bar on the left, but worse than that was the incorporation of the stupid banners above the individual cars. Ruined the aesthetics of watching the cars on track, and I would have assumed that anyone still watching the recent borefests must be dedicated enough to know which car is which. Totally unnecessary, as is the in-cockpit, make you feel sick, camera view. At least I can get to Silverstone this year and enjoy the three days in the outdoors.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BOF said:

That is a beauty.

441413819_985132949648072_33897961699382

Phwoar. As a mod can you put this behind a NSFW disclaimer? 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

Just been watching some of FP3 at Monaco. Seems like quali could be even more of a mess than usual. 

Cars going slow on the racing line in the tunnel, cars going slow and weaving after exiting the tunnel with cars on quick laps right behind and Rascasse becoming even more of a car park than usual. Just asking for a massive accident to happen.

On 23/05/2024 at 17:46, OutByEaster? said:

So McLaren are going to run Benetton livery?

I'm confused.

It’s senna’s helmet colours

• Like 1

If Leclerc doesn't finally win this one tomorrow than it's time to give it up fella. Should be better than the McLarens. 

Â