Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Mentioning Hemingway, his suicide was quite grisly (and this is properly useless info). He decided to kill himself with his favourite shotgun, but wasn't able to fire it whilst holding it due to the length, thus when the moment to kill himself came he propped the stock up against the skirting board of the wall of the hall outside the room he was in, leant the end of the barrel on his forehead above his eyes, leant forward onto the barrel further and pulled the trigger.

I imagine it'd be rather like a very explosive scalping and not a pretty sight.

Mila Kunis is Ukrainian.

She was 14 when she filmed the first series of "That 70s Show". She lied about her age to get on the show.

A bit creepy when you think of the storylines they had!

She was 14 when she filmed the first series of "That 70s Show". She lied about her age to get on the show.

I remember when that became known. I had a friend who had always joked about cracking one off over that show.. oh how we tore him apart when we heard she was only 14.

Though, in his defense, I quite fancied her too. :S

Q... If it takes you a week to walk a fortnight, then how many apples are in a pound of grapes?..

A... None... because you cant clean windows with shovels!..

Can't argue with that.

A day on Venus is longer than a year on Venus.

My kind of useless fact :thumb:

It rotates the "wrong" way too. All planets orbit the Sun in an anti-clockwise direction, and they rotate on their own axis in an anti-clockwise direction too.

Venus rotates in a clockwise direction, which is probably why it takes so long to spin. Given how long it takes to do anything, it's also probably why we say women are from Venus. :lol:

Given how long it takes to do anything, it's also probably why we say women are from Venus.

Oh I'll be using that one. It'll all be in the delivery :twisted: I should be able to see out my left eye after a few days :lol:

the largest number known to man is called Graham after professor graham. this ends in a 7, it was discovered in the 70's. Prior to this the largest number known was a googolplex. The zeroes in a googleplex would fill every atom in the universe, a Graham is massively larger

How does your number work BOF?

Graham's number has a simple algorithm [1] for computing these digits may be described as follows: let x = 3, then iterate, d times, the assignment x = 3x mod 10d. Except for omitting any leading 0s, the final value assigned to x (as a base-ten numeral) is then composed of the d rightmost decimal digits of 3\uparrow\uparrown, for all n > d. (If the final value of x has fewer than d digits, then the required number of leading 0s must be added...

I'd like to know more about yours, please enlighten me.

Brian's number has a simple algorithm [1] for computing these digits may be described as follows: let x = 3, then iterate, d times, the assignment x = 3x mod 10d. Except for omitting any leading 0s, the final value assigned to x (as a base-ten numeral) is then composed of the d rightmost decimal digits of 3\uparrow\uparrown, for all n > d. (If the final value of x has fewer than d digits, then the required number of leading 0s must be added... then add 1.

Â