Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

The Edible Race Car

If it’s impossible for a race car to be “good” for the environment, maybe it can at least be a little friendlier. Meet the WorldFirst F3 project, a Formula 3 race car developed at England’s University of Warwick: it has carrot fibers in its steering wheel, potato starch in its side mirrors and cashew-nut shells in its brake pads. The whole thing runs on a biodiesel mix of chocolate and vegetable oil.

In a small effort to make the car even greener than it already is, the designers coated the radiator in a substance that converts ozone emissions into oxygen

The-Edible-Race-Car.jpg

50 best Inventions of 2009

Now this is more of a question to see whether it is a bit of trivia but.... was today the first English cup final to feature two Bulgarians? I reckon it probably was, only because I can't think of another, I haven't looked into it.

Personal use of social networking sites at work in England costs that economy as much as $2.3 billion a year

I'm always suspicious of those figures. It's not like facebookers would be hard at work if they weren't on facebook. Idle bastards will be idle regardless.

Personal use of social networking sites at work in England costs that economy as much as $2.3 billion a year

I'm always suspicious of those figures. It's not like facebookers would be hard at work if they weren't on facebook. Idle bastards will be idle regardless.

Yeh I reckon that's bollocsk.

I would imagien it's calculated something like

How much economy produces = x

How much time is spent on social networking sites for the entire population = y

Total hours worked by population = z

(x/z)*(z+y)=how much economy would produce if everyone worked instead of facebooking.

When in reality, that's not how it works.

Jamie Carragher was born with no bellybutton. :shock:

jamiecarragher378340a.jpg

He suffered gastroschisis in the womb, which is where the intestines grow outside of the stomach wall. Surgery can fix it, but evidently it leaves you with a mean looking scar and no bellybutton!

Strictly speaking, we're ALL born with no bellybutton. They only get created after the umbilical is tied off.

This has been your daily message from The VT Pedant ™.

I'm staggered. They let Rob work with BRAZILIAN WOMEN. :shock:

I'm almost afraid to ask, but.... what do you DO, Rob?

I stand around checking out Brazilian ladies bums :-)

Ezekiel 23:20 (King James Version):

For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

Ezekiel 23:20 (English Standard Version):

and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses.

Ezekiel 23:20 (Contemporary English Version):

She eagerly wanted to go to bed with Egyptian men, who were famous for their sexual powers.

Ezekiel 23:20 (New Century Version):

She wanted men who behaved like animals in their sexual desire.

Ezekiel 23:20 (Holman Christian Standard Bible):

and lusted after their lovers, whose sexual members were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of stallions.

Ezekiel 23:20 (New International Reader's Version):

There she had longed for her lovers. Their private parts seemed as big as those of donkeys. And their flow of semen appeared to be as much as that of horses.

Ezekiel 23:20 (New International Version - UK):

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

It is quite interesting how interpretation has changed.

Those editions were not all released at once, it is versions which have spawned from other versions.

Basically sums up what we already knew - the Bible is just a very long game of Chinese Whispers.

Basically sums up what we already knew - the Bible is just a very long game of Chinese Whispers.

And probably would've been a much more compelling read as a dirty-minded 10 year old if it had some illustrations!

Â