Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Using touch typing (i.e. one half of the keyboard with one hand, the other with the other hand), "Stewardess" is the longest word you can type with just your left hand.

What about 'stewardesses'?

Using touch typing (i.e. one half of the keyboard with one hand, the other with the other hand), "Stewardess" is the longest word you can type with just your left hand.

Fancy getting the most commonly repeated piece of trivia ever, wrong!

What about 'stewardesses'?

Which still isn't as long as tesseradecades!

• 2 weeks later...

Una's Tits are two towers of basalt, each topped by a cap of ice, that guard the entrance to the Lemaire Channel on the Antarctic Peninsula. They are officially named "Una's Tits", and they are identified by this name on navigation charts. They appear on a British Antarctic Territory stamp although they are not identified as such.

Una was a young woman living on the Falkland Islands who would greet British Antarctic Survey personnel (who were all male at the time) on their return from wintering over in Antarctica.

Wiki

Any number who's sum of digits equals nine is in the nine times table. It stands to reason.

1 * 9 = 9 = 0+9 = 9

2 * 9 = 18 = 1+8 = 9

3 * 9 = 27 = 2+7 = 9

4 * 9 = 36 = 3+6 = 9

One of the few things I can still remember from school!

Practically any number whose sum of the digits involved equals 9 will be divisible exactly by 9.

Your practically denotes that not every number does - so I tried to find some that don't and couldn't.

Are there any that don't?

That works with 3 too...obviously as it's the square root of 9.

Actually no, I'm wrong.

With 3 it's if the sum of the digits add up to something that is divisible by 3, then the wholenumber is divisible by 3.

So, 477 = 4+7+7 = 18 which is divisible by 3, so 477 is also divisible by 3.

Practically any number whose sum of the digits involved equals 9 will be divisible exactly by 9.

Your practically denotes that not every number does - so I tried to find some that don't and couldn't.

I actually think on second thoughts the practically was unneccesary covering my arse for pedants.

And yes Rev I remember it from the 9 times table but for some reason I assumed it only worked upto 10, turns out it works for any multiple of 9 unless it's a multiple of 11 (i.e. 9x11, 9x22, 9x33, etc).

I actually think on second thoughts the practically was unneccesary covering my arse for pedants.

And yes Rev I remember it from the 9 times table but for some reason I assumed it only worked upto 10, turns out it works for any multiple of 9 unless it's a multiple of 11 (i.e. 9x11, 9x22, 9x33, etc).

Ahhhh the old CYA.

That's what you pedants have done to people!

Â