Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Ridley Scott's 2003 remastered cut of Alien is 40 seconds shorter than the original theatrical cut, despite adding new footage. Scott felt the original cut was the best he could put out and subsequently when asked to make a Directors Cut of the film decided to add in some minor new footage and cut back some of original footage so as not to put the pacing out.

The soft drink Fanta was created by The Coca Cola Company for the Nazis, because they wanted some variety from the original Coca Cola.

However, Coca Cola claimed it was because they could not make Coca Cola in Germany due to trade restrictions, and had to make a drink using ingredients in Germany.

The soft drink Fanta was created by The Coca Cola Company for the Nazis, because they wanted some variety from the original Coca Cola.

However, Coca Cola claimed it was because they could not make Coca Cola in Germany due to trade restrictions, and had to make a drink using ingredients in Germany.

One of my favourite storys but IIRC not quite true.

Coca Cola wanted to sell Coke to both sides' armies during WWII, but realised it looked a bit embarrassing, so they came up with Fanta to sell to the Wehrmacht.

Also: all the cool Nazi uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss.

Id always heard that story was that Fanta was created just because it was a bastard to make Coca Cola during wartime rationing in Germany.

Its hard to find out for sure as the Coca Cola company have spent a lot of time and money removing their trade links with the Nazi government from history.

Id always heard that story was that Fanta was created just because it was a bastard to make Coca Cola during wartime rationing in Germany.

Its hard to find out for sure as the Coca Cola company have spent a lot of time and money removing their trade links with the Nazi government from history.

You want to hear some of the stories about how Coca Cola run their plants in the third world. Join a union and you don't just get the sack, you end up in one. Allegedly.

Aye, I read the book No Logo* which has loads of that kind of stuff in it. I drank a coke about half an hour ago though.

*makes me feel quite old actually. I bought the book when it first came out, mostly because the NME told me to, but I am shocked to read it came out in 2000. :shock:

Aye, I read the book No Logo* which has loads of that kind of stuff in it. I drank a coke about half an hour ago though.

*makes me feel quite old actually. I bought the book when it first came out, mostly because the NME told me to, but I am shocked to read it came out in 2000. :shock:

Really good book I thought. Took me an age to get through it (like with most books I read), but Naomi Klein does well to analyse corporations and their activities.

Here is a nice stat:

The third place playoff game in the World Cup Finals has been something of a curse in the last twenty years.

In 1990 the third place playoff game was between England and Italy.

England (famously) failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 1994.

In 1994 the third place playoff game was between Sweden and Bulgaria.

Sweden failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 1998.

In 1998 the third place playoff game was between Holland and Croatia.

Holland failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 2002.

In 2002 the third place playoff game was between South Korea and Turkey.

Turkey failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 2006.

In 2006 the third place playoff game was between Germany and Portugal...

Here is a nice stat:

The third place playoff game in the World Cup Finals has been something of a curse in the last twenty years.

In 1990 the third place playoff game was between England and Italy.

England (famously) failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 1994.

In 1994 the third place playoff game was between Sweden and Bulgaria.

Sweden failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 1998.

In 1998 the third place playoff game was between Holland and Croatia.

Holland failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 2002.

In 2002 the third place playoff game was between South Korea and Turkey.

Turkey failed to qualify for the World Cup Finals in 2006.

In 2006 the third place playoff game was between Germany and Portugal...

That's actually very interesting

That's actually very interesting

It will be when Portugal crash out of the qualifiers this week. :lol:

Nice stat Rev!

Similar to the stat about the team that knocks Boro out of the FA cup has gone on to lose in the final for something like the last 4 or 5 years.

You mean this one?

In the months following September 11th 2001 there were one thousand more deaths on the roads in the USA than there were in the same months following September 11th 2000.

People were put off flying so a lot more journeys were made by road, which lead to the extra deaths. Hidden victims of 9/11.

(stat from this book)

Â