Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

It's not one of those types of country. It's just somewhere with plenty of big cities, so avoid little places like Sri Lanka.

By my reckoning, there is only one country in Asia whose capital city is not one of the 3 most populous cities in that country. Can anyone name the country?

Myanmar*, am I right?

* ie Burma

You're also right but it's because you've managed to find a second country :lol: OK, there's 2. Well done and curse you in equal measure :D Reason that one caught me was because a former capital is top of the heap.

India or Pakistan would be my guess then.

It's not India.

Pakistan it is then :) its capital is Islamabad which IIRC is not one of its biggest cities.

Edited by legov

Don't forget Burma ;)

Ehh, read up the page.

I know, just kidding :)

By the way, depending on your definition of "capital", Malaysia could be a correct answer as well.

My list has the capital Kuala Lumpur 2nd behind Subang Jaya. I see they regard Putrajaya as the administrative capital but there are many countries that have similar distinctions. KL is the capital. End of :P

My list has the capital Kuala Lumpur 2nd behind Subang Jaya.

Eh?

Subang Jaya is a suburban city in the Klang Valley, Selangor, Malaysia. It is located about 25 km from the Kuala Lumpur city centre. It comprises the southern third of the district of Petaling, making it the 5th most populous city in Malaysia.

KL has always been the biggest city up north, I've never even heard of Sub..whatever.

On a similar note, a while back I had someone absolutely swear blind to me that The Hague was the capital of the Netherlands. It took a good while to convince them their long-held 'knowledge' was technically wrong albeit had some merit.

On a similar note, a while back I had someone absolutely swear blind to me that The Hague was the capital of the Netherlands.

Yeah the atlas I had as a small child told me the same thing.

when I worked in the ole US of A a good friend told me the Bronx was the only place in the World beginning with THE. 

Should have seen his face when I asked if that had been ratified in the Hague

• 2 months later...

The Guiness book of records was created because of a bird shoot. One of the men trying to shoot a bird, think it was a plover, was unable to do so. After which, with his friend, an argument entailed as to what is the fastest flying bird. The name Guiness is because one of them was a managing director for Guiness Breweries

Â