The Lower Grounds Matchday experience

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Don_Simon

On 20/09/2023 at 13:24, It's Your Round said:

The draft version said lively atmosphere but people aren’t paying £120 for an atmosphere that is described like any other, no, this clientele deserve the Thesaurus treatment. And thus convivial was born. 

Sounds like a great place for Japes and High Jinks.  Possibly even some Tomfoolery. 

• Haha 1

On 20/09/2023 at 15:58, Mark Albrighton said:

“Access to player arrival” 

What does that mean exactly? 

I think it means you can stand in the corner of their bedroom whilst they make love to their wives awaiting that crucial moment. 

Not allowed to film though apparently.  Got to have standards. 

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think it means you can stand in the corner of their bedroom whilst they make love to their wives awaiting that crucial moment. 

Not allowed to film though apparently.  Got to have standards. 

Great, so we get to see Chambers come second every time again. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Great, so we get to see Chambers come second every time again. 

Certainly sounds like he's a more skilled lover than footballer. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hogso said:

I don't actually know the answer for Chelsea, but Man City's equivalent ticket (around £1.5k for a match) includes the 3 course meal, post match cheese board, fancy seat, pre match pitch side spot to watch the warm up, etc. - and then they have a huge glass wall along side the tunnel, indoors and downstairs from the hospitality spot, where you can stand and watch the players come and go before the match, at half time, and at full time too. Before the match though, they kind of just get to stand in a little area after the players get off the coach and kind of...clap...as they all walk past.  

Cheese board you say? 

• Haha 1

If you wanted to eat out with a budget of £60 per person you’d go to a fancy restaurant for a proper sit down meal, not an all you can eat “street food” buffet with a couple of drinks vouchers. Ultimately people can spend their own money however they wish but objectively speaking it’s not good value at all once you remove the claret and blue tinted glasses

• Like 3

On 21/09/2023 at 11:05, cheltenham_villa said:

for a bit of comparison. Im attending an NFL game at Wembley in a couple of weeks £100 a ticket. I recently bought england t20 tickets for next year, £75. Neither include food.

My local cineworld has a VIP option with unlimited food. Thats about £25 (so £15 on top of the ticket).

Still trying to work out if this represents value? I think its probably bang in the middle and will offer a decent return for the club.

I went fishing today at a local river. The estate the river is on are customers of mine and are kind enough to not charge me. I caught a very nice brown trout, which a returned to the water. Then I found out thst we’d beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. I got home to discover my wife and our daughter had come home from her Mom’s with dinner for me, which included sticky toffee pudding for desert. I have a great Mother in Law! So all on all’s brilliant day that cost me nothing. Now that’s value for money!!

On 21/09/2023 at 12:10, chappy said:

For balance, I’m going to the equivalent at Stenhousemuir (long story!) next year and it’s £75 for match ticket (premium seat), 3 course meal, open bar 1 hr 45 mins before game and 30 mins after, half time tea coffee biscuits and a post match pie.

What kind of pie is the big question?

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

We’ll let us know if it deserves its title when you’ve sampled one!

I tell you though that it won’t be a steak and kidney pie, as there seems to be a dearth of steak and kidney in Scotland certainly in the Highlands anyway. Along with Villa Park steak and kidney pie is what I miss most living up here. Although a Harry Gow Steak pie is wonderful, no steak and kidney. The main Harry Gow bakery isn’t far away so perhaps I should pop in and have a word with Harry himself? He’s apparently a very nice bloke so maybe I could make him richer, I assume he’s already rich anyway!

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I tell you though that it won’t be a steak and kidney pie, as there seems to be a dearth of steak and kidney in Scotland certainly in the Highlands anyway. Along with Villa Park steak and kidney pie is what I miss most living up here. Although a Harry Gow Steak pie is wonderful, no steak and kidney. The main Harry Gow bakery isn’t far away so perhaps I should pop in and have a word with Harry himself? He’s apparently a very nice bloke so maybe I could make him richer, I assume he’s already rich anyway!

For those of you thst don’t know Harry Gow’s make great cakes and pies. A Harry Gow dream ring is a thing of beauty. Unless you’re on a diet of course!!  The lady we bought our house off still lives nearby and invites us round for a cup of tea, she always pops to Harry Gow’s before hand. We’d go round anyway as she’s always great but the cakes are a welcome bonus!!

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

For those of you thst don’t know Harry Gow’s make great cakes and pies. A Harry Gow dream ring is a thing of beauty. Unless you’re on a diet of course!!  The lady we bought our house off still lives nearby and invites us round for a cup of tea, she always pops to Harry Gow’s before hand. We’d go round anyway as she’s always great but the cakes are a welcome bonus!!

Appologies for possibly straying off topic!

On 20/09/2023 at 17:00, Dillon66 said:

As a couple of people have also alluded to, I don't think this package (for want of a better word) is badly priced at all. I've had to attend similar types of hospitality 'offerings' through work, at a number of different grounds and also other sports, including football, cricket, horse racing etc. that were far more expensive for the same sort of deal.

We can debate the moralities of turning regular supporter facilities into hospitality areas all day, but the pricing of this package is very competitive and as someone who can no longer commit to going as much as I'd like due to work commitments, it would be an attractive option for me.

But in no way should that allow the club a free pass to neglect existing supporter facilities - the club should be using any meaningful profits from these kind of ventures to significantly upgrade what is currently offered to loyal, regular supporters in terms of catering and welfare facilities in the main stands and concourses.

I don’t think comparing this in terms of value for money, understands the point. The traditional Holte End visitor, to give it a car analogy, isn’t looking for a new top of the range luxury vehicle but would probably be more a customer looking for a good family run around to take the kids to school and go to the supermarket. A mate of mine, who has a few bob had some similarly wealthy pals,I wasn’t one of them but one day one of them showed up in a brand new Ferrari,so we were all outside admiring it. He said thst for some reason there was a deal on and he’d got it cheap, only £80k, I jokingly said, what a bargain I wish I’d known!  He said, “well Dave I know the dealer quite well I can have a word with him if you like”.I was driving a decent second hand Merc at the time but I think he was confused as to my income level! I politely declined his kind offer!  The Ferrari was well out of my price range as well as being impractical! So I managed to convince myself that impracticality was the reason I wasn’t going to meet the Ferrari dealer!😂

Edited by DaveAV1

Â