January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

13 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm farting about tbh but I could see us potentially bring him back if he comes back from injury well. I heard we had a deal for him in place before he got injured which if it was the case then we may go back in for him. Pure speculation.

Talk about a striker that goes on goal scoring droughts. Not fit to lace Watkins boots. We had a good time with him in Championship. Moved on

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Talk about a striker that goes on goal scoring droughts. Not fit to lace Watkins boots. We had a good time with him in Championship. Moved on

I don’t disagree about Abraham but you were clearly well wrong about James Maddison. Been the signing of the summer and completely transformed Spurs. Was complete folly to say he wasn’t as good as Buendia 😂 

• Like 1

So if we are in touching distance of Top 4 come Jan transfer window what do people think we should be targeting?

My list would be:

Young RB ~£15m

LM (Ramsey competition) ~£20m 

Maybe a versatile forward if I'm being greedy...

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

I don’t disagree about Abraham but you were clearly well wrong about James Maddison. Been the signing of the summer and completely transformed Spurs. Was complete folly to say he wasn’t as good as Buendia 😂 

40 million. Coventry boy that hates the Villa and has shown it against us. IDGAF about that clown

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

So if we are in touching distance of Top 4 come Jan transfer window what do people think we should be targeting?

My list would be:

Young RB ~£15m

Emery will probably make 1 signing like last January window and people will bitch and moan

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

My list would be:

Young RB ~£15m

Can’t really argue with this but prices will be far higher for players capable of playing at top four level. Would we sell Ramsey for a mere £20m?

7 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Can’t really argue with this but prices will be far higher for players capable of playing at top four level. Would we sell Ramsey for a mere £20m?

It's fair point, the £20m was broadly based on a situation such as PSG selling us someone like Soler for the same money they bought him for

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Striker and a right back for me are the key areas.

Obv would like a bettee no 2 than olsen too

Watkins is in form and Duran has shown he is a competent back up option with 4 goals in all competitions already, I just don’t see another striker as a priority at all

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Tammy on loan if he recovered fro. ACL moght not be bad but as a full time signing too much of a risk for me at the moment 

Why would Roma loan him to be probably our 3rd choice striker?

13 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Watkins is in form and Duran has shown he is a competent back up option with 4 goals in all competitions already, I just don’t see another striker as a priority at all

Yeah but if watkins gets injured we are in trouble. Alit to ask for duran to be starting week in week out. Ideally we need 3 strikers 

12 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Duran is nowhere near as effective as Watkins.  The difference when Watkins replaced Duran at half time against Mostar was huge.  There was little or no movement and dynamism up front first half.  Watkins and Luiz coming on changed everything.  Duran might get the odd goal but the drop off in overall quality and team effectiveness if Watkins gets injured or suspended would be huge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its all ifs and buts i agree but if he was made available for loan id say would suit us until summer and is low risk

Again if he was available for loan then would Roma not just keep him for there own bench

It has absolutely no gain for Roma

Jan being notoriously difficult to get any value I can't see us doing much unless we get another serious injury in the next couple of months. Back up for RB is the obvious gap, but otherwise maybe only someone opportunistically that becomes available or a youngster who can be integrated ahead of next season. Think it'll be very quiet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Jan being notoriously difficult to get any value I can't see us doing much unless we get another serious injury in the next couple of months. Back up for RB is the obvious gap, but otherwise maybe only someone opportunistically that becomes available or a youngster who can be integrated ahead of next season. Think it'll be very quiet.

Seems sensible - especially with players to come back from injury too. There's also decent youngsters who can play a role around the squad like Kellyman