Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

He came back and played for Roma after his last ACL, he left to go Galatasaray because of the Mourinho fall out. He's also played for Italy since his ACL injuries, so those in the game including our own manager seem to think he's still the same player or will be. 

I want us to sign Zaniolo but he won’t be the SAME player he was - if he was, he’d be nowhere near Villa. When he broke through people saw him at a Totti/Figo level. He can not reach close to that extreme and still be a fantastic PL player and Italy stalwart. This is me agreeing with your point that those in the know definitely think there’s a player there. 

8 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Not sure where he fits to get the best out of him.

Hs best season at Roma, he played on the right, I would imagine he's behind Bailey and Diaby currently in that position.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Hs best season at Roma, he played on the right, I would imagine he's behind Bailey and Diaby currently in that position.

But thats a very different set of roles and responsibilities too (at Roma). Hoping he shows a little more.

This guy has shown next to nothing yet to suggest we should sign him permanently-runs into blind alley after blind alley and his shooting is little better than that of Tonev.  People are talking about how great his strike against Boro was that actually missed the target.

However, I have absolute faith that Emery will either make him come good or ship him out and he should get our support as long as he's at the club.

4 minutes ago, claretman said:

People are talking about how great his strike against Boro was that actually missed the target.

Yeah, because he created it for himself out of nothing. That's why it was praised. Great effort, gonna be a great player.

7 hours ago, duke313 said:

I wonder if a " free role " with license to roam the whole forward lane would go some way to getting the Best out of him?

Even if it's while we can't guarantee him a role in his favoured spot.

I do think playing " out of position" will improve him in the long run.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah, because he created it for himself out of nothing. That's why it was praised. Great effort, gonna be a great player.

I'll reserve judgement-most attacking players manage to carve themselves out an opening and miss the target every game and don't get lauded for it.

"Great effort, gonna be a great player".  We will see.

He's been the bit part player since he signed. Originally playing on the left side every now and then while Ramsey was out. Then on the right as an alternative option. Started occasionally but always doing a competent job. Recently he's scored a couple of very important goals. 

Don't understand the push back on him. If we do sign him permanently it'll cost relative peanuts at £22 million.

No issues.

14 minutes ago, claretman said:

I'll reserve judgement-most attacking players manage to carve themselves out an opening and miss the target every game and don't get lauded for it.

"Great effort, gonna be a great player".  We will see.

How many others created something out of nothing (for themselves) and then almost found the net VS Middlesbrough?

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

How many others created something out of nothing (for themselves) and then almost found the net VS Middlesbrough?

You think he's going to be great because he created a chance for himself against Middlesbrough but nobody else did?  Ok.

1 minute ago, claretman said:

You think he's going to be great because he created a chance for himself against Middlesbrough but nobody else did?  Ok.

You just come on here to bitch or have you got anything worth saying?  

5 minutes ago, claretman said:

No mate. You said you couldn't understand why people were praising that specific bit of play. I explained why they were. Don't twist it.

I'm not 6 years old, I don't estimate a player's potential from one move. I'm estimating it from everything I've seen of him.

Edited by Tom13

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

You just come on here to bitch or have you got anything worth saying?  

If you bother to read my first post about him you will see I've put -  "However, I have absolute faith that Emery will either make him come good or ship him out and he should get our support as long as he's at the club."

He will get my support.  But I don't rate him at the moment, and I'm hardly bitching.  I'm interested to know what other people see in him.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

No mate. You said you couldn't understand why people were praising that specific bit of play. I explained why they were. Don't twist it.

I'm not 6 years old, I don't estimate a player's potential from one move. I'm estimating it from everything I've seen of him.

Fair enough.  Let's hope he proves me wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, claretman said:

If you bother to read my first post about him you will see I've put -  "However, I have absolute faith that Emery will either make him come good or ship him out and he should get our support as long as he's at the club."

He will get my support.  But I don't rate him at the moment, and I'm hardly bitching.  I'm interested to know what other people see in him.

"This guy has shown next to nothing yet to suggest we should sign him permanently-runs into blind alley after blind alley and his shooting is little better than that of Tonev.  People are talking about how great his strike against Boro was that actually missed the target." = Bitching. No where in that post did you put a question out there as to what others thought. It was a moan, plain and simple. 

For a start comparing him to Tonev is crazy and lazy. Glad he's got your support though for as long as your willing to give it or until Unai ships him out. 

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

"This guy has shown next to nothing yet to suggest we should sign him permanently-runs into blind alley after blind alley and his shooting is little better than that of Tonev.  People are talking about how great his strike against Boro was that actually missed the target." = Bitching. No where in that post did you put a question out there as to what others thought. It was a moan, plain and simple. 

For a start comparing him to Tonev is crazy and lazy. Glad he's got your support though for as long as your willing to give it or until Unai ships him out. 

He will get my support, as will all the others who wear the shirt.  We are allowed different views and moans but I accept that the Tonev comment is a low blow and for that I apologise!

Â