Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah Sweden and Italy are the same thing when it comes to football teams, sure. Top example. 

Italy did not even qualify for the WC

They are currently 3rd behind Ukraine and England.

Does this give you an indication of a good generation of footballers?

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Italy did not even qualify for the WC

They are currently 3rd behind Ukraine and England.

Does this give you an indication of a good generation of footballers?

Who won the last Euro's?

How much recency bias are we spinning for your Sweden example?

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Who won the last Euro's?

How much recency bias are we spinning for your Sweden example?

We're not talking about 2021 tho are we.

Was he even in that squad?

Italy are bang average now

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

We're not talking about 2021 tho are we.

Was he even in that squad?

Italy are bang average now

No, we're talking about using Sweden as an example. 

Those giants who just got slapped by Austria, that giant. 

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

No, we're talking about using Sweden as an example. 

Those giants who just got slapped by Austria, that giant. 

I said and what I meant by the example is you don't have to be great just because you poay for your national team.

And by all accounts Italy's generation of players right now is absolutely on the floor.

Edited by Pinebro

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I said and what I meant by the example is you don't have to be great just because you poay for your national team.

And by all accounts Italy's generation of players right now is absolutely on the floor.

Of course you have to be special and great to play for your country. There is a reason for you to be picked. 

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

And how would these players fare in the pl?

That's the relevant point here

I would say probably better than Welsh, Irish, Jamaican, American and Scottish players…but that’s not the point and what we were talking about

Edited by Taxahunter

14 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I would say probably better than Welsh, Irish, Jamaican, American and Scottish players…but that’s not the point and what we were talking about

Why are we generalising entire nations of players? I'd say Bailey is a lot better standard than Jamaica's worst player for example.

So, if he is not guilty of getting on football matches, what is happening to that weird Italian guy that accused him and said he had proof that was given to the TV broadcasters, who then didn't air it? Wouldn't that count as slander? Isn't that a crime? What's the story there?

20 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

So, if he is not guilty of getting on football matches, what is happening to that weird Italian guy that accused him and said he had proof that was given to the TV broadcasters, who then didn't air it? Wouldn't that count as slander? Isn't that a crime? What's the story there?

The main source is some tabloid hack who went to prison for blackmail

Had a run of games to show the manager something and failed miserably. With Ramsey coming back and Tielemans starting to perform, his minutes will be limited. Bailey is clearly preferred from the bench too.

Bore off with the ‘whipping boy/scapegoat’ stuff too. I’m well aware he may turn a corner and become our best ever player - I’m merely stating that he’s been very poor since joining on a villa forum talking about villa things. 

Not sure how the loan thing works with the obligation to buy but I doubt we’ll be rushing into buying him given what we’ve seen so far.

Hope he turns things around. The problem he’ll have is minutes. 

31 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Had a run of games to show the manager something and failed miserably. With Ramsey coming back and Tielemans starting to perform, his minutes will be limited. Bailey is clearly preferred from the bench too.

Bore off with the ‘whipping boy/scapegoat’ stuff too. I’m well aware he may turn a corner and become our best ever player - I’m merely stating that he’s been very poor since joining on a villa forum talking about villa things. 

Not sure how the loan thing works with the obligation to buy but I doubt we’ll be rushing into buying him given what we’ve seen so far.

Hope he turns things around. The problem he’ll have is minutes. 

It’s just wrong to say he’s been very poor. What is the point of constantly posting stuff like this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

It’s just wrong to say he’s been very poor. What is the point of constantly posting stuff like this?

Because after every game, I tend to talk about player performances, as we all do. And Zaniolos have constantly been poor. 

Zaniolo has struggled more since the scandal broke. Unai obviously rates him high enough to stick with him, even if repeated subs occur. It took a long time for players like Bailey to adapt, and he's still adjusting to the league and playing out of position. He's not a left winger so the JJ point is moot. What Nicolo needs is minutes and Unai is giving him that.

Â