The GAA Thread

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Problem is, those two counties have a monopoly on winning "Sam" most years....be nice if a county from the north like Derry or Tyrone won it....it just gets boring otherwise. 

I follow the hurling more as a son of Cork immigrants and they used to be prolific back in the day but kilkenny and now Limerick seem to rule the roost 😳

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Problem is, those two counties have a monopoly on winning "Sam" most years....be nice if a county from the north like Derry or Tyrone won it....it just gets boring otherwise. 

I follow the hurling more as a son of Cork immigrants and they used to be prolific back in the day but kilkenny and now Limerick seem to rule the roost 😳

As a Kildare man we are waiting 95 years and counting for our last one. Tyrone last won it in 2021. It does add something when counties make their breakthroughs though, the 90s and early 00's were brilliant with multiple all Ireland winners.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

As a Kildare man we are waiting 95 years and counting for our last one. Tyrone last won it in 2021. It does add something when counties make their breakthroughs though, the 90s and early 00's were brilliant with multiple all Ireland winners.

I really hoped monaghan would do the Dubs in the semi final but they ran out of steam.

95 years ? Ah well at least your race horses are the best in the business 😀

47 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Maybe if Mayo werent such bottlers they would have broke up the monopoly 😜

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Tyrone won it the year before last!

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

Tyrone won it the year before last!

Yes I know. I was implying that it would be better if the likes of the smaller counties won it more often than they actually do and not let the dubs or the kingdom dominate.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe if Mayo werent such bottlers they would have broke up the monopoly 😜

I blame the curse of '51 !

• Like 1

Will be a good game tomorrow hopefully. After our era of dominance last decade we kinda need to get the wheels back on and we have a pretty ridiculous record in finals. Plus our recent record over Kerry is great (last year excepted). 

It's an evenly matched final I feel. Should be good.

I hate this being on in July though. Moving it from September is still not working for me. Middle of summer for end of the Championship makes no sense 

• Like 1

Â