Tour de France 2023

maqroll

Yeah that was unexpected! Thought it might be a stage for wout van aert or van der poul or even pidcock.  

The Yates boys both look in top form.  

Shame about Enric Mas and Carapaz though.  

7 hours ago, Jon said:

Yeah that was unexpected! Thought it might be a stage for wout van aert or van der poul or even pidcock.  

The Yates boys both look in top form.  

Shame about Enric Mas and Carapaz though.  

Yeah, any first stage (or any early stage) exit is crushing. 

I enjoyed the mountainous first stage. An early dose of pain for the riders. 😃

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

No way there's not still drugs in this game. Some of them knock off this little cycle, then do the La Vuelta a couple of weeks later.

I think one year the same guy won them both, no chance this happens without some hidden narcotics.

10 hours ago, maqroll said:

Perfectly timed attack by Lafay at the finish of stage 2 

WVA won't have been happy with vingogo's lack of contribution at the run in there.  He's gonna need WVA's help in this tour ...

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

No way there's not still drugs in this game. Some of them knock off this little cycle, then do the La Vuelta a couple of weeks later.

I think one year the same guy won them both, no chance this happens without some hidden narcotics.

There's always that suspicion with the physical exploits of some of these boys. Some of what they can do seems almost superhuman.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jon said:

WVA won't have been happy with vingogo's lack of contribution at the run in there.  He's gonna need WVA's help in this tour ...

He also won't be happy with the way Philipsen wedged him there at the final sprint!

On 03/07/2023 at 01:41, maqroll said:

Perfectly timed attack by Lafay at the finish of stage 2 

Was brilliant.  Enjoyed the softening up of J7mbo Visma by the other attacks. Given the amount  of work he had to do,  second was still an impressive result for WVA too

• 2 weeks later...

Yep.  Been a great TDF so far, with the top 2 separated by just 10 seconds with 1 week to go. 

A race full of incident, breakaways, crashes etc.. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2023 at 21:18, maqroll said:

Another idiot spectator causes a crash..:rolleyes:

To be honest I'm just surprised it doesn't happen more often. People go to sporting events to record crap videos on their phones these days, very few people seem to be at sports to actually watch them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sne said:

That's some tempo stage by Jonas Vingegaard

Absolutely blew the field apart.  Pog actually did a really decent ride.  It was just that VinGoGo was on fire.  

Should make tomorrow's stage interesting.  Pog will have to attack again and again. 

• Like 1

Â