Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Nah, to be quite honest I say do whatever's fun. If your season is petering out or you're losing interest then do the thing that makes it fun again. The thing that; if it goes well; could resurrect your season or your interest. I did it with an early wildcard at the start and it saved me.

I'm just winding him up. It's a continuation of a whatsapp group ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

With Trent now out I'm leaning towards a -4 and bringing in Darwin for the double. Haven't owned him all season but this week looks too tempting. 

Yeah trent is annoying. I'd planned this double perfectly, to enable me to have 3 man city and 3 liverpool for the double and then 11 for the blank

Trent being out means I have to take at least one hit. So need to decide if it's worth it

I have 2 free transfers £2mil ITB and already have Haaland, KDB and Foden plus Gomez (whose game time potential has improved with the Liverpool injury situation)

I think my only move this week is Watkins to Nunez

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

I have 2 free transfers £2mil ITB and already have Haaland, KDB and Foden plus Gomez (whose game time potential has improved with the Liverpool injury situation)

I think my only move this week is Watkins to Nunez

Trippier and Saka are your other 2 obvious omissions.

EDIT : Or Jota.

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Trippier and Saka are your other 2 obvious omissions.

I could get to Trippier by going Watkins > Toney, Botman > Trippier and have 0 ITB, just can't get to Saka

But I just prefer Nunez over Toney for the DGW

Plus that only gives me 1 FT to deal with the following blank week

Palmer's next 5 GWs: MCI (A), Blank, BRE (A), NEW (H), ARS (A)

Am I crazy for considering dropping him (and bringing in KDB)?

And, is it TC Haaland time?

Edited by a-k

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Palmer's next 5 GWs: MCI (A), Blank, BRE (A), NEW (H), ARS (A)

Am I crazy for considering dropping him (and bringing in KDB)?

And, is it TC Haaland time?

Haaland TC yes most definitely If only because you'll lose out massively if he hauls as an awful lot of players are doing just that

On Palmer, I think you're point is very valid and if I can afford a suitable replacement I may use my other FT this week on just that.

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Haaland TC yes most definitely If only because you'll lose out massively if he hauls as an awful lot of players are doing just that

On Palmer, I think you're point is very valid and if I can afford a suitable replacement I may use my other FT this week on just that.

Haaland - I guess the other possibility is gambling on a DGW37 against FUL and BHA who are probably on the beach already while MCI are thick in a title fight

Palmer - With needing to fix the new Trent problem, it would be a -4 for me, but I think I'll do it. Of course, I have Dougie at a similar price, but Palmer + KDB + Saka in midfield is too template for me 😁

1 minute ago, a-k said:

Haaland - I guess the other possibility is gambling on a DGW37 against FUL and BHA who are probably on the beach already while MCI are thick in a title fight

Palmer - With needing to fix the new Trent problem, it would be a -4 for me, but I think I'll do it. Of course, I have Dougie at a similar price, but Palmer + KDB + Saka in midfield is too template for me 😁

I just can't see who to buy to replace Palmer THIS week tbh, Liverpool players - I don't want a third, I can't get to Saka and consider the rest of the Arsenal midfield to be too hit and miss. I'd like Maddison but that would be after the blank. Bowen is ... well Wet Spam are currently awful... everywhere I look I go nah..

think my transfers are pretty much set this week. solanke, walker, sterling out - foden, adebayo, and an arsenal defender in (white or saliba).

the dilemma i have is which 3 to play at the back out of gabriel, saliba/white, porro (potentially out), estupinan, and schar

i'll be starting estupinan i think

i want to play schar at home to bournemouth as i think they should be looking to keep a CS at home to that lot...but they've been poor at the back lately

i also feel like burney have a goal in them so i'm not sure about playing arsenal defenders.

tough one

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

KDB 2 pointer from a DGW cool 

foden didn't fare much better either. despite my haaland TC i think i was better off rank wise before he scored as i've got flekken in goal.

oh and my solanke to adebayo transfer has just been a disaster

TC is the most overrated chip there is. It's not worth nearly as much as people think and it's almost always a let down

Every season I tell myself I'm just going to have fun with it instead but end up bottling it and going with the crowd.

• Like 1

I agree, but I also think people get disproportionately angry with it. It's a player you'd have captained anyway. So you only get 1 extra player score. It's great when you get a 60 with it, but that would still have been a 40. The gain is usually minimal. Still a better chip than bench boost for the me 😁 That thing can derail a season.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

I agree, but I also think people get disproportionately angry with it. It's a player you'd have captained anyway. So you only get 1 extra player score. It's great when you get a 60 with it, but that would still have been a 40. The gain is usually minimal. Still a better chip than bench boost for the me 😁 That thing can derail a season.

That's what I mean, it's overrated. You actually gain very little, particularly when you captain the player everyone else has TC'd anyway.

Even if Haaland had got 20 points, so a total of 60 for a TC, if you've captained him anyway then you've only lost 20 points.
Then if the player you then TC was to only get, say, 4 points, which we'd see as a disaster, overall you've only lost 16 points.

The best way to make huge gains with it would be to avoid using it in a situation like last night and then catch a haul from someone a bit more random who other people won't captain.
But obviously that would take some very lucky circumstances

It's less valuable now than it used to be as there's such an obvious choice now. I remember a few seasons ago salah hauled in a DGW and number of folks tc'd which helped rank massively 

KDB seriously on my **** chopping block now. Even though he's on his way back. He has tricky fixtures. Probably exactly where he plays well. But I can't be dealing with Pep's roulette at this stage of the season with that amount of money. I'm currently debating whether Saka comes in for Diaz and I leave KDB for Bournemouth, or Saka comes in for KDB and I keep Diaz, who I'd probably want from 27 onwards anyway. I'll wait for team news. Just give me one reason to get rid Pep, one reason.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

KDB seriously on my **** chopping block now. Even though he's on his way back. He has tricky fixtures. Probably exactly where he plays well. But I can't be dealing with Pep's roulette at this stage of the season with that amount of money. I'm currently debating whether Saka comes in for Diaz and I leave KDB for Bournemouth, or Saka comes in for KDB and I keep Diaz, who I'd probably want from 27 onwards anyway. I'll wait for team news. Just give me one reason to get rid Pep, one reason.

I've had him occasionally but I don't think KDB has justified his price tag for several seasons now

He's an unbelievable player, but he's not as good, FPL wise, as his price suggests he should be

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

Same here after the BGW he’s getting Saka'd. It’s kinda made my mind up because I was also toying with Son to Saka. Still it might get me back to Salah on my WC

But this week I think it’s Darwin back Ollie and probably Palmer to Hee Chan

• Like 1

Â