Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i kinda get why they block their transfers out due to the number of people that copy their teams.

the content creators really helped me last season to teach me that there was a whole strategic side to FPL that i wasn't previously aware of but now the only time i ever watch them is if i'm havign a real dilemma on a replacement for an injured player it's sometimes helpful to listen to them but i can count on one hand the number of times i've done that this season

the best out there for me is FPL Juice. they're great lads. don't take themselves seriously from an FPL perspective but discuss wider issues in the FPL community i.e content creators as a whole, mental health etc. and the FPL stuff they do cover they just have a bit of a laugh with. it's also not a money making exercise for them as they give away any profits by way of prizes for monthly mini league top scorer etc

Yeah I like the juice lads. They asked me to go on as a guest a few months back but I couldn’t find the time. Have you seen the magnetic FPL whiteboard they have in the studio? I designed and sell that !

• Like 2

On 16/01/2024 at 18:52, bickster said:

FPL content makers are hilarious

FPL Mate will tell you all the time that this player and that player is on pens and it’s good to get Player X because he’s on pens. Then he'll come out with don't buy Douglas Louis, no one buys defensive midfielders in FPL. And he'll say it with a straight face when Douggie is the sixth highest scoring Mid in the game

FPL Raptor, made some horrendous decisions early in the season and all of a sudden he's decided the game needs to be fun again and taking it so seriously was ruining it for him. Does he decide to stop making content? Nah

Then there’s the whole watch my deadline livestream with my team reveal… except the transfers for the week are always blocked out until after the deadline with the inevitable talk during the stream of can't decide between X and Y.

Dont forget to smash the bell… the only bell I want to smash is them :D 

First thing I do with any FPL content creator is check their FPL history. That will tell you immediately whether they're worth listening to.

There's a girl who is a super popular FPL creator, Holly Shrand I think her name is. She's been on sky sports and the FPL show multiple times.

Her FPL history is dogshit. I wouldn't describe her as a good player, let alone a great one who should be dishing out advice. How the **** she's got so many followers is beyond me.

You can say a lot of shit and sound like you know what you're talking about.

One of the "experts" the official FPL twitter had last season or the season before was some guy who had never finished inside the top half a million. How the **** can they call him an expert with a straight face?

Edited by Stevo985

On 16/01/2024 at 21:27, Rob182 said:

Yeah I like the juice lads. They asked me to go on as a guest a few months back but I couldn’t find the time. Have you seen the magnetic FPL whiteboard they have in the studio? I designed and sell that !

I was one of their original Juicers. My videos are probably still on their YouTube channel. Was a guest on the show a handful of times and was invited onto their christmas special but had to decline it because of other commitments

(and just in case I sound like a hypcorite based on my post above, I didn't profess to be an FPL expert, I basically gave them team updates about Villa)

• Like 1

On 16/01/2024 at 20:01, a-k said:

Ben Crellin is good for DGW info. Other than that, I think the only other time I really used content makers etc was for early team news on the last GW of the season.

If you play FPL and don't follow Ben Crellin then you're doing it wrong

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a girl who is a super popular FPL creator, Holly Shrand I think her name is. She's been on sky sports and the FPL show multiple times.

I’ve seen her, she just copies what the others are saying. Absolute waste of anyone’s time

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I was one of their original Juicers. My videos are probably still on their YouTube channel. Was a guest on the show a handful of times and was invited onto their christmas special but had to decline it because of other commitments

(and just in case I sound like a hypcorite based on my post above, I didn't profess to be an FPL expert, I basically gave them team updates about Villa)

Andy LTFPL was the first I really got into, but over time I’ve found him a little tiresome. Every live stream I’ve watched in the last year, I feel like he spent 60% of the time sarcastically or passive aggressively responding to people in the live chat.

7 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Andy LTFPL was the first I really got into, but over time I’ve found him a little tiresome. Every live stream I’ve watched in the last year, I feel like he spent 60% of the time sarcastically or passive aggressively responding to people in the live chat.

yeah he was the first i listened to too. to be fair to him having the biggest following of them all means he gets the most grief from people whenever a transfer or team selection doesn't go 100% perfectly so it's understandable that he would get a bit fed up of it.

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah he was the first i listened to too. to be fair to him having the biggest following of them all means he gets the most grief from people whenever a transfer or team selection doesn't go 100% perfectly so it's understandable that he would get a bit fed up of it.

Yeah I agree with that, but I’d have thought for the good of your channel, if nothing else, you’d try to keep the sarcastic responses to them to a minimum. Instead a lot of live streams I’ve seen he’ll quickly read out some “X” or “Y” superchats, where he’ll give a quick one word player answer, but then tends to dwell on the negative comments for ages. Just a pet peeve of mine. Not that it makes a difference to me now that I’ve packed it in 😅

• Like 1

chelsea winning 1-0 with a palmer pen vs arsenal winning 3-0 with saka blanking sums up my luck last few weeks

edit: and martinelli did bugger all when i owned him

Edited by tomav84

14 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Nothing from Saka in a 5-0 is criminal. Unfortunate captain choice this GW but the 26 points from Gabriel and Raya are very welcome. 

I had a negative EO on Saka, so in a way I'm OK he blanked.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, a-k said:

I had a negative EO on Saka, so in a way I'm OK he blanked.

Yep me too and it sums up his season. He hasn't been good for his price, but you just know what'll happen if you dare sell.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yep me too and it sums up his season. He hasn't been good for his price, but you just know what'll happen if you dare sell.

IIRC he had a poor second half of last season too, which makes sense since he plays 99% of minutes

Considering I have Son and Salah still on my bench I'm pretty pleased with my 62 points with Estupinan still to play considering I also took a -4. Pretty much guaranteed a green arrow and if Estu hauls I might get inside the top 300k (Currently around 320)

50 minutes ago, a-k said:

Another tough (C) decision beckons. Currently got it on Watkins...

planning on bringing in KDB so he's a contender for me

Â