Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

For me I’d stick with the round badge but make it a more modern take. Claret circle with a blue inner circle and claret lion. 

On the subject of our lion I think ours is a bit pants so had a play around here. 

I’d be happy with something akin to this heraldic design. 
IMG_2159.jpeg.98efcb84fb2d48398b64f8e4aa5a448b.jpeg

Btw… the original monochrome versions exist… and they are better…

spacer.png

Where is the effort and improvement in “the new one”?

Absurdly pointless…

Lazy as shit

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

I'd even say remove the star move the lion down a bit and make him bigger, put the 1874 above him.

Aside from that, yes the white lettering and star are still a bit shit.

Alot of easy fixes could make the badge much better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd even say remove the star move the lion down a bit and make him bigger, put the 1874 above him.

Aside from that, yes the white lettering and star are still a bit shit.

Alot of easy fixes could make the badge much better.

The easiest fix is to get rid of yellow and blue… but there’s a hell of a lot more that can be done to improve it even further…

They couldn’t even be arsed to change the flipping colours…

spacer.png

• Like 2

It really is laughable… after two years of this shit we end up with the most utterly pointless thing possible 😂😂😂

Just cancel the lot FFS

I didn’t anticipate that a word I’d associate with Heck would be LAZY… but, if this is our badge, then that’s exactly what he is…

Feels (I stress “feels”… guess we’ll have to wait and see to make a proper judgement) like we really are becoming a Jekyll and Hyde club, opposite/opposing sides… superb on the pitch, a joke off of it…

Edited by Jas10

Everyone makes bad hires. It comes with the territory. Owners have shown they react swiftly to this kind of stuff and get involved personally where needed so I wouldn’t be surprised if Nas takes control of this which would be hugely embarrassing for Heck.

Big question is whether they still proceed with trying to drive this through having seen the reaction to the leak and the complaints to the FA…. or if they realise the smart thing to do is to pivot very quickly to a couple of options based on the fan designs and to put these out for a vote. 

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

Me and you Jimmy! It needs a better lion and no shadow, but it's actually pretty good.

It looks like something that could be cobbled together with the limited options from Pro Evo in about 2006. 

Stock flat lion. Generic shield. Fonts all over the place. 

Has no redeeming features whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Btw… the original monochrome versions exist… and they are better…

spacer.png

Where is the effort and improvement in “the new one”?

Absurdly pointless…

Lazy as shit

The monochrome versions highlight the main problem with the main Lerner badge… the colours

• Like 2

Maybe we should’ve just had this in the first place and stuck with it for the foreseeable 

spacer.png

Turning the lion round was just stupid 

Btw….when Heck came out with that BS line about monitoring the appeal and impact of and then ditching the round badge…

how about monitoring appeal on what they’ve now come up with rather than just officially revealing it and forcing it on us fans? - we don’t want it and would never have chosen it…

He is coming across as a bit arrogant… making bold declarations.

The AV150 design was rubbish despite his pride in it and then he goes on to say that “the new badge will be released soon and represent us for the next 150 years”… yeah right, it’ll struggle to last a year if that’s what it is and all he could come up with…

Is this mostly lies? Mainly, the bolded parts:

Using the results of that original process as the foundation, the club has engaged with supporters in order to arrive at a permanent identity for Villa. In an update, Heck has confirmed the new crest will be revealed shortly.

"We are working very closely with supporter groups and individuals that are fans," Heck told Villa TV. "The crest is for the fan. It is worn by the players and it is for the fan. 

"We are passing it over to them to decide what is best. It is going to be great for the club and for the next 150 years.

"The hope is that the crest will be shown to all fans when it will be complete this winter. I expect that to be in a few weeks. I am very excited to see how that goes.

"I will say that the crest will be on the kit come summertime. I think you will find a lot of interesting new aspects to the kit come summer, including maybe the 150th marque."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-crest-update-chris-28316389?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

What the heck (pun not intended but taking it) - built out a recent post a bit, to try build a brand world that does both heritage and modern.To be fair, IF the new/leaked/fake thing was sorted in terms of colour and composition, it could work, with a decent, coherent set of toys to use with it. But I haven't made that because I'm pretending it doesn't exist as things stand.

So here's a thing, and the thing on some merch:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Muller Yogurt Long Sleever
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is this mostly lies? Mainly, the bolded parts:

Using the results of that original process as the foundation, the club has engaged with supporters in order to arrive at a permanent identity for Villa. In an update, Heck has confirmed the new crest will be revealed shortly.

"We are working very closely with supporter groups and individuals that are fans," Heck told Villa TV. "The crest is for the fan. It is worn by the players and it is for the fan. 

"We are passing it over to them to decide what is best. It is going to be great for the club and for the next 150 years.

"The hope is that the crest will be shown to all fans when it will be complete this winter. I expect that to be in a few weeks. I am very excited to see how that goes.

"I will say that the crest will be on the kit come summertime. I think you will find a lot of interesting new aspects to the kit come summer, including maybe the 150th marque."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-crest-update-chris-28316389?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Got to be lies if this is the result.

If we give them some benefit of the doubt that they think the drop shadow and a slightly darker blue make the lion more visible...

Where is the claret?

And the balance is off and makes it look awkward even when the colours are corrected, thanks to where our name has been squashed in. 

I'm astounded this could be where its heading. 

Edited by MrBlack

Â