Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

Looks like the 'behind closed doors' Cardiff friendly didn't go ahead for some reason, they published details on their site, so it was planned, but haven't seen any news, and they played on Friday in a game that wasn't listed in their initial pre-season plans. Next game is this Tuesday away to Hereford.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, claretman said:

Under 21's are playing Hereford Utd away in a friendly this evening.  Villa have turned up late so kick off has been delayed, can't find the line up anywhere at the moment.

We’re so bad at announcing the u21 line ups. 

Hereford vs Villa U21

Aston Villa: Zych, Ealing, Munroe, Feeney, Smith, Bogarde, Moore, Rowe, Barry (c), O'Reilly, Richards

Subs: Barber, Wright, Barnes, Patterson, Edwards, Simpson, Pierre, Broggio, Wilson,Lynch

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/24327-f-u21-hereford-fc-a-tuesday-july-25th-1930/

Edited by claretman
Already a thread

Not sure why fixtures haven't been released to the public yet, but apparently our first game is against West Brom at Bodymoor.  There will be now twenty-six teams in the league as Reading earlier this month had their category 1 status reinstalled.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure why fixtures haven't been released to the public yet, but apparently our first game is against West Brom at Bodymoor.  There will be now twenty-six teams in the league as Reading earlier this month had their category 1 status reinstalled.

Cheers. Tables updated with Reading included.

55 minutes ago, useless said:

Leicester have published their fixtures today, so we should be doing the same very soon, we play them on March 15th at Bodymoor.

dougal-priest.gif

And the fixtures are updated :thumb:

EDIT : Fixtures are now in the fixtures section of the OS with some differences to venues. I've used the new page venues as it is also more complete (e.g. Man City)

Just a note re- who we don't play, as updated at the foot of the table in the OP.

The 5 sides Villa do not face are Leeds Utd, Manchester Utd, Reading, West Ham & Wolves

We play 11 PL2-1 sides and 9 PL2-2 sides from last season's tables.

• Like 1

The OS haven't bothered putting up the line ups or a report on the Rushall game.

Does anyone have anything with line ups and stuff?

I was at the game and I'm reasonably good at this, but I've got no idea who a couple of the subs were and I'd love to find out.

I recognised Feeney obviously when he came on, although he did play the entire second half in central midfield!

Rico Richards came on and I think played as a number nine. 

There were a couple of fair haired midfielders that came on too - I'm guessing one of those was Pavey maybe?

Anyways, thank you.

Â