Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

All fixtures and details now included in OP. Potential issue around trips to Swansea & Crawley being on consecutive days (13/11 & 14/11). We'll see how it plays out.

Missed the first half due to a technical problem. Villa IT support sorted that out quickly so well done there.

Tommi O'Reilly and Tristan Rowe were the standouts in the second half for us. Our general play was pretty good and we missed two or three clear cut chances at 0-1. After the red card WBA kept the ball away from us. Losing Young to the red wasn't ideal but the way we conceded the second and third goals was poor.

Wasn't expecting much when I saw the line-up, a lot of our better players missing, and I think as is usually the case as the season goes on a number of the better players will emerge from the first year scholars, wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Jimoh, Lynch, Broggio and so on are playing at this level before Christmas.

In terms of the league campaigns we could end up with a scenario where most of the U21s are U18s and most of the U18s are U16s, which if does happen will be a good sign, but also results will be very up and down.

I was impressed with Triston Rowe, he made a few mistakes but that's going to happen with a sixteen year old playing at this level, to look as good as he did in the good moments is a hugely promising sign, Tommi O'Reilly was very good as well, but I think really needs a loan to help with his development now, Bogarde was good too.

• Like 1

Watching and listening to Idiakez was worth the admission price alone.

Usual suspects performed, Feeney, Lammy and O'Reilly (who was top drawer). Other than the real youngsters, the rest aren't likely to be good enough.

On this showing, the Rico Richards transfer is baffling.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 1

Oh and the two adults with the young lads at the end of the back row in BM2 ought to be ashamed of themselves. The lads probably no older than 10 ranting and shouting drivel all game, mainly aimed at the ref, which the 2 adults thought hilarious.

Edited by AndyClarke

4 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Oh and the two adults with the young lads at the end of the back row in BM ought to be ashamed of themselves. The lads probably no older than 10 ranting and shouting drivel all game, mainly aimed at the ref, which the 2 adults thought hilarious.

absolutely , was sat in front of them shouting break his leg etc

I won't be running down everyone's fixtures and results this season, as it would be a mammoth task and tbqf I don't think the interest is there to justify it.  I will do our own ones though obviously, as and when.

• Like 2

9 games this coming Friday.

19:00 Southampton U21   - Aston Villa U21
19:00 Arsenal U21       - Leicester City U21
19:00 Chelsea U21       - Brighton U21
19:00 Derby County U21  - Liverpool U21
19:00 Fulham U21        - Manchester City U21
19:00 Middlesbrough U21 - Everton U21
19:00 Norwich City U21  - Nottingham Forest U21
19:00 West Ham Untd U21 - Sunderland U21
19:00 Manchester Utd U21 - Leeds United U21

Looks like Campton-Sturridge ain't around so I've removed him from the squad. Transfermarkt saying he's without a club too since July 1st. I've also taken Philogene off for opposite reasons as I doubt he'll be turning out for the stiffs any time soon.

• Like 1

Â