Claret & Cub memberships 2023/24

Kingman

33 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

You do have the choice. You can choose not to renew before the auto renewal date and you can choose to cancel after the auto-renewal date.

Hi Mr Heck, how’s the new club crest redesign coming along? Been hearing great things about it………

It's a sharp business practice making customer experience worse. If this is the big way of making money, the new leadership aren't especially imaginative and seem hell bent on extraction rather than creating an attractive proposition for people to spend their money. 

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

So you're not going to renew because of this?

I will email and give notice to cancel now.  Once my membership expires, I will renew again at a time of my choosing. 

I think you’re not understanding the point, I assume deliberately because it’s really not hard to understand 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Dale said:

It's a sharp business practice making customer experience worse. If this is the big way of making money, the new leadership aren't especially imaginative and seem hell bent on extraction rather than creating an attractive proposition for people to spend their money. 

Exactly. It’s like something an 18 year old new to the workplace would come up with when told to increase revenue.  

Not exactly a grand or clever idea a commercial manager being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds should come up with… what do you think Mr Heck?

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

So, i've just had this email sent to me from the club re a change to t&c's

I suppose this is one way of increasing revenue!!!!!

Not a smart move if you ask me.

spacer.png

I’m trying to work out if this is even legal? 

When I signed up for the 12 month contract, I specifically ticked the box that said I didn’t want to auto-renew.  Halfway through that contract where I chose NO, they are now saying they have unilaterally changed my answer to YES.

• Like 2

I got that email too. On a side note, I was already set up for auto renew last year and received notifications that a payment will be taken in one month, two weeks, etc. But some time later, I realised that my membership had expired and the money never left my account. So I went in and paid manually to renew. Seemed like a poor system and costly for the club if that was happening en masse. 

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

I’m trying to work out if this is even legal? 

When I signed up for the 12 month contract, I specifically ticked the box that said I didn’t want to auto-renew.  Halfway through that contract where I chose NO, they are now saying they have unilaterally changed my answer to YES.

It probably isn’t. The club were probably better off changing terms and conditions on any new renewals. 

Strange move by the club. The few extra quid doesn’t really seem worth the agro of winding up a few fans. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hi Mr Heck, how’s the new club crest redesign coming along? Been hearing great things about it………

If there's a proportional response from the change of an auto-renewal function, to the new crest not being appreciated, Villa Park may be torched to the ground.

11 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Takes thirty seconds to send an email and cancel. I guess some people don't have thirty seconds spare, each to their own. 

You've never had to deal with Villa customer service if you think it's all as simple as that.

I mentioned in another thread that I cancelled my membership when it last expired as I can't really afford to get to games at the minute. The club emailed me a few weeks ago with an offer to sign back up, I would assume it was a mass email sent out to people who had previously had a membership but cancelled/let it expire.

Presumably if I'd taken that offer up, I'd have been able to sign up without auto-renew, only for that feature to be taken away a few weeks later.

Really not a good look from the club

Â