Pubs near Villa Park screening the game

UpTheVilla26

Anybody know what pubs near Villa Park will have this on? 

I'm hoping either the Holte or the Aston Social? 

3 of us coming up from Somerset, couldn't get tickets, so we are going to soak up the pre-match atmosphere at the ground then hopefully find somewhere to have a beer and watch. 

Apparently, Sky have decided to show the Leicester and Everton games live on Sunday, with another channel going from ground to ground as goals go in. Obviously, a 'qualifier' for European places isn't as attractive as Smith vs Moyes or Dyche vs O'Neil....tosspots.

So, unless you find a venue with a dodgybox or stream you'll probably be out of luck unfortunately.....

4 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Apparently, Sky have decided to show the Leicester and Everton games live on Sunday, with another channel going from ground to ground as goals go in. Obviously, a 'qualifier' for European places isn't as attractive as Smith vs Moyes or Dyche vs O'Neil....tosspots.

So, unless you find a venue with a dodgybox or stream you'll probably be out of luck unfortunately.....

In fairness, if I was neutral I would rather watch a relegation dog fight than what might be a europa conference league qualifier. It’s inherently more dramatic.

The difficulty for me would be deciding which one of the three relegation games would be more interesting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I've had a Google and both the Witton Arms and Aston Inn are advertising the game and end of the season parties. 

Guess we will have to have a scout about once up there. 

Fair play mate, enjoy the day

• Like 1

I've got in touch with a couple of places and they are saying if its on Sky they will have it on. 

I'll make sure I've got my phone fully charged as I do have a means to watch if it isn't on Sky. 

We just want to be up there, I've tried so many times to get tickets this season, with a decent booking history and not been able to. Joining the membership thing for next as they go on sale a week earlier. 

It's definitely not on Sky.   Everton vs Bournemouth and Leicester vs West Ham are on Sky.  Leeds vs Spurs is on BT Sport.  The other Sky channel will just be going where the stories are, and while that might be at Villa Park there's no way to guarantee it before kick off. 

Yeah, sky are a bunch of dicks. 

May end up sitting in the VP car park with a 6 pack watching the big screen 😂

I so wish we had a 'fan park' or something like that. It seems in the redevelopment of the North Stand we will but imagine if we had that already, I'd have paid as much as a match ticket to be able to come to the ground, sit in a bar and watch the game with other Villa fans. 

On 24/05/2023 at 09:46, The_Rev said:

It's definitely not on Sky.   Everton vs Bournemouth and Leicester vs West Ham are on Sky.  Leeds vs Spurs is on BT Sport.  The other Sky channel will just be going where the stories are, and while that might be at Villa Park there's no way to guarantee it before kick off. 

It's Live on Sky Sports 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thaaaaaaank You SKY!!! 

Gonna head up for about 2ish, soak it all in, then probably head to the Witton Arms. 

I still have my fingers crossed my Dad has somehow got some tickets. It was his idea to go up without them weeks back. I was 40 on Tuesday and since then I've text him several times about Sunday & he's not said hardly anything, it's a bit odd 🤔 

Either way, least I can watch the game now and be amongst it all 💜🩵

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Thaaaaaaank You SKY!!! 

Gonna head up for about 2ish, soak it all in, then probably head to the Witton Arms. 

I still have my fingers crossed my Dad has somehow got some tickets. It was his idea to go up without them weeks back. I was 40 on Tuesday and since then I've text him several times about Sunday & he's not said hardly anything, it's a bit odd 🤔 

Get some claret and blue smoke bombs and we'll see you for the team bus arriving around 3ish!

:flag:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I still have my fingers crossed my Dad has somehow got some tickets.

If you've got a client ref then it's definitely worth logging into and refreshing the official site periodically as any returns go straight on there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Thaaaaaaank You SKY!!! 

The Yewtree have a few big screens as well and a cracking barbecue going on in the back

• Like 1

Â