Midweek Football 22/25 May

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Is Aaron Ramsey injured as he's not in the England u20s side fot tonight's game against Uraguay? 

Yes, he’s not in the squad due to injury. 

10 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Chelsea's defence is more open than Jordan's legs.

But whilst one cost half a pint cider and a bag of scratchings, the other is the best part of £200m. 

So Chelsea spent about £600m in the last 12 months, and looking at tonight’s lineup, 6 were already at the club before the trolley dash, 4 of which came through the academy. 

Money well spent. The gift that keeps on giving 🤣

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

If Anthony plays on after that performance then he needs to be sacked.

This aged well :D

They don't want to show it again, understandably, and I'd like another look, but my view was it was a dreadful tackle. I think Anthony's reputation coloured the perspective of a lot of people, but that should be a red card for dangerous play, refs turn a blind eye to scissors tackles far too often

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

But whilst one cost half a pint cider and a bag of scratchings, the other is the best part of £200m. 

Sussex police confirm that the restriction to a mere half pint only applies when she is not driving.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

They don't want to show it again, understandably, and I'd like another look, but my view was it was a dreadful tackle. I think Anthony's reputation coloured the perspective of a lot of people, but that should be a red card for dangerous play, refs turn a blind eye to scissors tackles far too often

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a scissor get more than a yellow. They’re often more dangerous than straight legs because of the twists. Need to change that, alongside ducking under a jumping player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

That’s not given and the one for West Ham against us is. Jokers. 

On another day, they spend 2 minutes watching replays of that in slow motion checking that there's contact and give a penalty. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I rewound it and the tackle looked innocuous. Just bad karma for a player who goes down as if shot by a sniper habitually?

Â