Pako Ayestarán

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I was now years old when I found out our assistant managers name which is always a good sign that you've got a good manager. 

I remember when we were appoointing gerrard and we were all getting excited about beale coming. Id argue ayestaran is by far a better coach.  All you need to look at how much we have improved in most areas of the pitch

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, RadioTom said:

I was watching the Newcastle game today, and  that absolute f***womble who’s Howe’s no. 2.

It reminded me how lucky we are to have someone who complements Unai perfectly, who isn’t all about the limelight, and just goes about his business to improve us as a team. 

Pako doesn’t get enough credit.

Agree

• 1 month later...

Actually I take it back. The quotes don't really reflect the clickbaity title/open para.

Now, I don't know him as a manager, but he has to try and put into practice the things he's trying to learn [and] make mistakes, because it's the only way you can improve.

Edited by Tom13

Someone not mentioned when the communication thing with Emery is brought up as a cheap shot. This guy is fluent in English and has been a manager for years, hundreds of games of experience, but is now dishing out the orders that Emery wants. He knows how to do it, he knows how to coach, he knows how to handle egos. 

If he can work on a training field with Jamie Carraghet for more than a day without giving him a black eye he has all of my respect. 

Â