Protesting

VILLAMARV

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I always thought they were a gardening advice group, but I had got them confused with Just Top Soil.

Or the support group for people who are obsessed with self care for minor skin complaints.............Just Pop Boils

There's a massive climate protest in London today, six figures out on the streets.

Not on the news, anywhere, simply rendered invisible by editors and programme controllers.

This is why we have people on snooker tables, up bridges and cable tied to goalposts.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a massive climate protest in London today, six figures out on the streets.

Not on the news, anywhere, simply rendered invisible by editors and programme controllers.

This is why we have people on snooker tables, up bridges and cable tied to goalposts.

There was quite a lot on it in the build up to the weekend. I posted about one interview with a JSO spokesperson talking about it (she was an idiot) upthread

• Like 1

Also, if you're going to hold a protest in London to maximize publicity, don't do it on the same day as tens of thousands of people gather to run one of the world's biggest marathons half a mile from where you're having your protest with twice as many spectators as participants. The news focus is elsewhere

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Whilst the press are capable of reporting more than one story at a time, they’ve collectively decided climate protest is a negative story, so unless someone throws orange paint around, they’re not interested.

• Like 1

I think given that they went out of their way in advance to say they wouldn't look to disrupt the marathon, it was good to hear the organiser of the race give them their only real mention on the BBC, saying that they were a really brilliant cheering gallery at the point where the race was nearest to them.

It's a shame, but organised sensible protest will no longer affect anything - a corporate media won't report stories that affect the corporate sphere negatively,  keep that in mind when you're sat in a car suffering a delay because someone has closed a road; Sky and the Daily Mail are as responsible as whichever poor sod has glued their arm to a bollard.

• Like 4

Since reading that post, I've learned I passed within a hundred meters of that protest and had absolutely no idea it was occurring. What a bloody stupid time to do it. You either disrupt the marathon and loads of people hate you, or you don't, and if you had any actual disruption, people just assume it was the marathon

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think given that they went out of their way in advance to say they wouldn't look to disrupt the marathon, it was good to hear the organiser of the race give them their only real mention on the BBC, saying that they were a really brilliant cheering gallery at the point where the race was nearest to them.

I saw them at Parliament square  ... some had come to the barrier and were clapping and cheering on the runners   ..others stayed in the main square probably plotting which statue to vandalise 

We passed a couple of them handing out leaflets  ..or at least trying to , don't think anyone actually accepted one from them ..  but equally no one seemed to be angry with each other  and everyone seemed happy doing whatever they were doing 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â