How would European football affect Villa supporters?

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I was not being sarcastic, I was just answering the implicit question suggested in the title of the thread.

Qualify by all means but don't break the bank to try and win the big boy's consolation prize.

I am obviously still traumatised by the match against Hellsingborgs back in the day. 🙄

I’d love a League Cup win at the moment. The dream of even playing in the ECL is incredibly exciting for me! Just imagine winning that, then EL, then CL.

Or don’t imagine, just wait 3 years!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

You know winning the Europa League gets you a Champions League spot as a seeded team

If we qualified now we would be one of the lowest ranked teams on co efficiency. We arent even ranked at the moment

I disagree about the bloated squads too, arsenal are funnily enough huge beneficiaries from the EL games and using it to blood youngsters, sakas debut came in the EL with guess who as the manager...the potential long term benefits to us getting even the ECL could be huge, the likes of archer, Tim, A Ramsey all sticking around and getting minutes

It would be massive for us 

• Like 3

On 03/04/2023 at 02:28, Marka Ragnos said:

I know this is pure madness. I know it's tempting fate. I know it's definitely getting carried away.

Nonetheless.

How do YOU think Villa supporters' various patterns of behaviour might shift were Villa somehow to claw their way into a European spot?

I've never seen Villa in Europe whilst a member of Villa Talk.

I wonder how things change around here. Is there more away trip planning?

Do our supporters get wonderfully entitled?

Does a certain kind of cheap-Euro-flight-warrior away fan suddenly emerge?

Are there more conflicts or fewer conflicts between the opposition and VIlla supporters? Are there fewer?

And there must be a billion little things I can't begin to imagine. Like what?

1) Income- It will allow me to open up a cigarettes business. Where I fill my suitcase with cheap cigarettes. He who dares Wins.
2) Health- Everyone know the sun shines more aboard. Vitamin D levels will be through the roof at Villa Park. 

Edited by SecretVillaScout
  • Haha 2

I’d absolutely love it if we could play in the Europa league sometime, it’s a historic cup and usually very good teams in it. Not as excited by the Conference I’m afraid, mostly due to actually having watched some of it these last two seasons. A bit like playing Stevenage every week, but over somewhere in the former Soviet bloc. I know we can’t afford to be picky but I’d seriously give 100 Conferences for 1 Europa. /eurosnob

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

On 03/04/2023 at 09:33, Enda said:

As I have to fly to BHX to go to every Villa match anyway, I’d like the bit of variety!

Bitta Prague or something more appealing than another stroll around the bullring.

Wow, thats dedication, where do you fly in from.

4 hours ago, Podster said:

Wow, thats dedication, where do you fly in from.

Dublin. But I don’t fly to every game… I have to fly for every game I go to. Sorry for ambiguous phrasing!

• Like 1

Went to Prague in 2008 which was an absolutely amazing away day and who can forget that Inter Milan game in the 90s?? 

Would love for European nights to return to Villa

Â