Pubs

sidcow

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've got a ticket. Woohoo. 

What pubs do fans tend to use for Chelsea.  Assume it may change a little as people won't be travelling by train. 

not many near the ground. we tend to drink elsewhere and then go straight to the game but train strikes might scupper that idea

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've got a ticket. Woohoo. 

What pubs do fans tend to use for Chelsea.  Assume it may change a little as people won't be travelling by train. 

The Courtfield smack bang outside Earl's Court tube, absolutely rammed with Villa every time I've been to see us at Stamford Bridge including frokm about 3-4pm onwards in the League Cup match last season under Deano when we lost on pens, it's the main away focal point pub and the atmosphere is usually buzzing, including people who'd travelled by coach (think the supporter's coaches park at EC anyway). See you there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I'm going into Marylebone I might try The Green Man next to Edgware Road Tubestation.  Can then get The District line straight to Fulham Broadway. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

As I'm going into Marylebone I might try The Green Man next to Edgware Road Tubestation.  Can then get The District line straight to Fulham Broadway. 

Just FYI there aren't any pubs that will let (obvious) away fans in around there hence Earl's Court and the Courtfield etc

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wedge said:

Just FYI there aren't any pubs that will let (obvious) away fans in around there hence Earl's Court and the Courtfield etc

Changed my mind since anyway. Seems to be a backpackers pub. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Or you could try The Green Man in Dulwich.

Or is it The Dull Man in Greenwich?

Oh, I can't remember now. 🤔

• Haha 2

On 23/03/2023 at 11:11, wedge said:

Shall all of us VT'ers meet at Earl's Court and march down to Stamford Bridge ultras-style behind all our flags and let pyro off? Seems to be the done thing these days...

Well I'm happy for a meet up but not sure about the pyro march 😂

On 20/03/2023 at 09:43, wedge said:

The Courtfield smack bang outside Earl's Court tube, absolutely rammed with Villa every time I've been to see us at Stamford Bridge including frokm about 3-4pm onwards in the League Cup match last season under Deano when we lost on pens, it's the main away focal point pub and the atmosphere is usually buzzing, including people who'd travelled by coach (think the supporter's coaches park at EC anyway). See you there!

Do you know how far before the game this gets rammed? 

Can't decide if to go straight there or get a bite to eat somewhere else first. 

Haha. Yes, it was immense, just went on and on. Thought I might be just about visible in that clip but not quite, I was by the end of the bar on the right hand side. 

I thought I recognised the guy on the left from that pub. After the McGinn Goal he's standing on the railings celebrating in front of the players 😂😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â