Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I think as back-up strikers go Iheanacho is a good shout. His ratio of minutes to goals is actually quite impressive, he's just been stuck for too long behind an increasingly past it Vardy in the pecking order, for which I'd probably blame Leicester for more than him. There's talk of Palace getting him in as a starter for £8-10 million, they could do a lot worse and so could Villa.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

I think as back-up strikers go Iheanacho is a good shout. His ratio of minutes to goals is actually quite impressive, he's just been stuck for too long behind an increasingly past it Vardy in the pecking order, for which I'd probably blame Leicester for more than him. There's talk of Palace getting him in as a starter for £8-10 million, they could do a lot worse and so could Villa.

I mentioned him early window as seems happy as bench striker. On 90k a week I think which is a lot for bench striker but not my money

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I think some of these big signings will leave in a year or two. They might sign some big names, but can they keep them? 

Horrible move either way, I always assumed the clause was meant for Champions League clubs, hence why we wouldn’t be bidding etc. 

They're going to be hard to move on after the $$$$$$$ salaries, private 747s and fleets of supercars.

• Like 1

I still think 1 more player at full back and that's it. We have Zaniolo and Traore to come back in so maybe the club are happy in that area given the current climate of costs. 

If Digne does go definitely need a full back.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I still think 1 more player at full back and that's it. We have Zaniolo and Traore to come back in so maybe the club are happy in that area given the current climate of costs. 

If Digne does go definitely need a full back.

I think we have more ambition than that… doing “ok” and “settling”… I don’t think that’s what Unai wants…

To achieve great things this season, we need a better squad and possibly a better team…

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

These major injuries are a real concern… are players being pushed too hard? Clubs having to spend more money to try and counteract the effects of losing key players too…

Another/additional reason why having a deep and high quality squad is necessary to have some form of success…

Enciso at Brighton has just suffered an injury to his left knee…

I think players who have doubts about themselves or ending their careers go for the money.

The ones who rate themselves, like Bellingham can do both career and Money.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I think we have more ambition than that… doing “ok” and “settling”… I don’t think that’s what Unai wants…

To achieve great things this season, we need a better squad and possibly a better team…

6 days left is very little time to be bringing in the numbers people are hoping for just can't see it myself.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I think players who have doubts about themselves or ending their careers go for the money.

The ones who rate themselves, like Bellingham can do both career and Money.

Think you quoted the wrong post mate…

On Veiga… I find it disappointing that a young player with so much talent and interest has chased the money and gone to Saudi…

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

6 days left is very little time to be bringing in the numbers people are hoping for just can't see it myself.

We’re working… Monchi is a busy boy…

All I can really say is go back and look at Unai and Monchi’s comments… (I don’t want to keep repeating them) we are not relaxed or sitting still…

Recent outgoing deals are setting us up for further incomings, I’m sure of it.

A lot of activity is done toward or at the end of window… it’s usually the case no matter how much clubs would like to avoid it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Think you quoted the wrong post mate…

On Veiga… I find it disappointing that a young player with so much talent and interest has chased the money and gone to Saudi…

maybe one of the exceptions.

maybe as that league gets stronger, it will become the rule as opposed to the exception.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He only signed Moreno last window so he won't sign for the sake of it which I'm really happy about. Quality over quantity 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

He only signed Moreno last window so he won't sign for the sake of it which I'm really happy about. Quality over quantity 

Oh of course not… I agree… and I’m happy about that too.

We’re not just going to sign anyone, they have to fit in, high quality, have value and potential, suit our style and system etc.

That doesn’t rule out several new signings though that make us stronger 💪

Unai (and Monchi) will have identified their main targets long ago but not all business can be done quickly and smoothly…

spacer.png

In the greater scheme of things the bench last night was a bit lightweight due to injuries add JJ, Ty, EMI B and Nicolò when he’s ready and it suddenly becomes very strong, pretty sure the long term injuries have made the club look at bringing in players but I don’t feel we will panic buy we’ll have targets but if we can’t bring them in on our terms we’ll wait. Also wonder if those long term injuries meant we needed to raise funds hence the young players we are seeing leave.