Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s funny how big money moves can completely stifle a young player’s development. I suppose it’s the weight of pressure and/or the lack of ‘drive’ because they’re set for life no matter what. 
Not saying Sancho is done or anything but his price tag and wages will discourage most from going for him, because the outlay doesn’t match the probable outcome.

Actually thought Sancho was really underwhelming whenever he played for England even before his move

I don’t think we’re interested nor do I think he’s available either 

• Like 1

Just now, beachboys1 said:

is felix the same posistion has diaby

Nope, Félix more suited to a 10 role such as SS or AM. In support of the CF.

Diaby more of a winger, predominantly RW. Likes to drift central though.

• Like 2

I’m sceptical of Felix, he was poor at Atletico and poor at Chelsea. We would just be signing him off of his reputation which is always a recipe for disaster, especially when he would be a mega earner and would probably cost a lot as Atletico need to recoup some of their wasted costs on him. He also fell out with his manager which is hardly a good sign of a player with the right attitude 

Maybe it is genuinely a case of “not fitting the system properly” and Emery can get him firing again in our system. But usually players who can never fit into a system eventually the penny drops that it’s a problem with the player not the system (which incidentally has been very successful for Atletico)

3 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I’m sceptical of Felix, he was poor at Atletico and poor at Chelsea. We would just be signing him off of his reputation which is always a recipe for disaster, especially when he would be a mega earner and would probably cost a lot as Atletico need to recoup some of their wasted costs on him. He also fell out with his manager which is hardly a good sign of a player with the right attitude 

Maybe it is genuinely a case of “not fitting the system properly” and Emery can get him firing again in our system. But usually players who can never fit into a system eventually the penny drops that it’s a problem with the player not the system (which incidentally has been very successful for Atletico)

I don't think you remember what poor looks like 🤣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I’m sceptical of Felix, he was poor at Atletico and poor at Chelsea. We would just be signing him off of his reputation which is always a recipe for disaster

And WC

Genuinely do not understand the hype 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Clubs are so reckless in their spending… hope and believe Monchi will take a much more sensible and strategic approach… a master negotiator would really help us…

We have been just a reckless as most teams the past few years that why we have almost 11 players we need to sell but probably won't be able too

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Thought I’d take a look at some players and wages they are on… wow, so many bad deals and overpaid signings… 

Sancho £350k pw 🤮 

Lukaku £325k pw 😵‍💫

Sterling £325k 

Enzo Fernandez £315k

Martial £250k

Chillwell £200k

Fofana £200k

Antony £200k

Ndombele £200k

Maguire £190k 😳

Perisic £178k

Cucurella £175k

Digne £163k 😎🤦‍♂️

Yes, but not a totally fair comparison - all those are weekly salaries apart from Digne's (hourly rate)

• Haha 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Only because both in Europe Conference League

It amounts to the same thing, though, and the whole purpose was to stop us or Vitoria having any sort of advantage by moving players around etc. 

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't think you remember what poor looks like 🤣

Yeah he was so good at Atletico the manager didn’t want him and then sent him away on loan, where he was so good Chelsea didn’t want to keep him when his loan expired 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1