Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I'm not really sure what Duran would gain from a move to Chelsea. He's likely going to be moving from bench to another. I guess he'll get paid a lot more tho. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

If there is any truth to this… don’t see why we can’t just wait until the summer and “resolve this” then… hopefully Duran and his agent can at least hold out until then 🤷‍♂️

I’d rather not lose him and hope he wants to stay… hard to get any real facts on this… I’ve always liked him and see a lot of potential. As well as technical ability, he adds some much needed physicality… he could develop into a top CF… knows how to finish too… just needs to get his head down and fully focus.

Otherwise, rinse Chelsea for all they’re worth and get a stupid, crazy fee now if they are really that foolish. See no reason to shift him otherwise and we will be scrambling for a replacement…

Worth noting that we haven’t even received an offer, yet… other than that apparent loan enquiry from West Ham 😂 jog on…

The noise and speculation is quite annoying and distracting for us… we need to be a “collective front” and keep going to end up achieving something special. If there are disruptions or anyone not buying into that… maybe it’s best to discard or sideline them if it makes sense and is worthwhile to us…

Again, hard to get the truth on this rn… so maybe we shouldn’t judge too harshly or conclusively…

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm not really sure what Duran would gain from a move to Chelsea. He's likely going to be moving from bench to another. I guess he'll get paid a lot more tho. 

I do think there's a good chance he would play more at Chelsea tbf

22 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

At least until Nickolas Jackson returns from AFCON

Yeah, even then Jackson hasn't exactly been pulling up trees. Then Broja their other option not been great either.

Edited by villan95

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Too much noise around his potential move for it not to be a possibility.

They need to stump up £40m minimum though otherwise it's not worth our while.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Frodo said:

If they paid £50 million for Broja then that is a minimum I'd want for Duran. Don't want any money for him I want him to stay as I think we have a serious striker on our hands in a year or 2 the guy has everything, he is a £100 million+ striker in a couple of years in my opinion.

I really don't get this. What have you see exactly? Currently looks no different to Carlton Cole and dozens of other players who never made it big. 

• Like 1

I actually hope there is something in this.. He is the only player that I can't see has improved over his time with us, which might be due to his age, but it could also be down to a number of other factors.. and I suspect Emery has a good idea of whether he will eventually come good for us.

So far the fact is, we haven't suffered by selling or loaning players out. So I guess Emery knows what he is doing, and if he leaves, it means Emery/Monchi have spotted someone else that they feel they can get in, which can only be good news as far as I can see.

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I really don't get this. What have you see exactly? Currently looks no different to Carlton Cole and dozens of other players who never made it big. 

Just something I see, quick, strong, powerful all the attributes to be a right handful & of course the glimpses of his type of finishing ( palace at home ) been very unlucky in near misses also, would have more to his tally but he is still young & learning his trade in arguably the toughest league in the world 🌎 

I guess, another way of looking at this is…

since there has been so much talk and speculation about FFP and selling players…

if Chelsea offer a big fee for Duran… it might be our best option…rather than even considering losing a key player…

then put some of those funds to use in terms of strengthening the sways… it would need to be a crazy offer to be worthwhile though…

however… good CFs or young ones with potential are kind of “thin on the ground”… we need good players for the future too…. as long as they can be patient and understand their role… 

I don’t want to lose him unless he actually wants out…

2 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

sounds like it's very likely to happen with that type of comment..

We can only speculate… none of us have the facts here. Could he reading too much into things too…

I’d rather not lose him unless he or his agent are trying to force a move (no idea there) and not unless we receive a huge bid…

Will have to see how things unfold…

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We can only speculate… none of us have the facts here. Could he reading too much into things too…

That’s the entire thread and your raison d’etre…!

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That’s the entire thread and your raison d’etre…!

I just don’t want to judge Jhon too harshly until we know what is actually going on… he might be happy and settled but his agent is pushing for a move and more money - just one example. His head is getting filled with all sorts, especially when goes on international duty… he’s still so young…

I’ll try to stop repeating the same point though 😆

Sorry!

Â