Jhon Durán

PieFacE

19 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Of course he will be needed. Watkins won’t play every minute of every game. 

Agreed. That's why we need another striker. Duran isn't the answer. Not yet at least.

27 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Agreed. That's why we need another striker. Duran isn't the answer. Not yet at least.

Bowen isn't a striker but he's playing striker. We have players other than Duran if need be

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Bowen isn't a striker but he's playing striker. We have players other than Duran if need be

Yeah but as I've said, we need those players to be playing in their own positions. Bailey as a striker? All his goals come from cutting in from the right and hitting it with his left.

Zaniolo? Diaby? 

We need a striker. 

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah but as I've said, we need those players to be playing in their own positions. Bailey as a striker? All his goals come from cutting in from the right and hitting it with his left.

Zaniolo? Diaby? 

We need a striker. 

Diaby played stiker PSG youth. I'm sure Emery has thought about this. He said when we signed Diaby he can play left/ right forward and striker. We're not signing a striker by all accounts due to FFP and there's countless videos about other clubs needing a striker

26 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Diaby played stiker PSG youth. I'm sure Emery has thought about this. He said when we signed Diaby he can play left/ right forward and striker. We're not signing a striker by all accounts due to FFP and there's countless videos about other clubs needing a striker

We "desperately" need a decent established striker to play 10 minutes at the end of a game every other week, start a couple of cup games and just incase Watkins breaks his leg... 

We don't 

It's not going to happen, 5 months before hopefully getting CL and already pushing FFP to its limits we're not going to go splashing cash like that 

Not sure why when everything is going well villa fans stick need to someone to beat their stick with 

If we fall short it won't be because of Duran 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

What drama has he actually created? A lot of this is idle speculation about nothing. People are acting like he's constantly in the tabloids slagging off the club, doing drugs, turning up late for training, fighting with his teammates. All I see is someone who's struggling a bit with his age and a lack of minutes, but still putting in a shift most of the time.

Maybe drama is too strong a word - apologies for this, but I’m sure you would agree that the headlines around him of late, have been more negative than positive ones.

I like him and do think he has a great opportunity to become a really good player in time. But he would do well to remember that what - 12 months ago he was playing MLS ? If he were to move now, where would he go? He would no doubt get more game time if he “ downsized “ but if he wants to stay in and around the status quo - is he going to get many more opportunities just yet?.

If I were him, I would stay put and learn as he goes👍🏻

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Zaniolo? Diaby? 

We need a striker. 

Zaniolo would start up top if Watkins got injured.

I personally think that Emery and the club are dealing with this extremely well. They all know his potential and the kid just wants to play. The more minutes he gets the happier he will be. Fortunately we have a shit ton of games coming up for the rest of the season so it’s time for him to step up and prove he can deliver.

It’s obvious we’re not going to sign another striker unless he strongly pushes to leave and Emery’s press conference suggests that’s not going to happen. 

Im excited. I think a tuned in Duran is going to make a big difference for the rest of the season. He just needs to stop the silly yellow cards. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

25 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Well, Emery clearly disagrees with you, but what does he know. 

We will sign one in the summer. 

We need one as a back up to Watkins whether this season or in the long term. And I know we have been looking for one.

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We need one as a back up to Watkins whether this season or in the long term. And I know we have been looking for one.

How do you know?

22 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

How do you know?

I've mentioned it several times on here and there are posters who I know personally that know what I do. I work in the football world and my partner is a fairly big Premier League agent. (Agent for several Premier League strikers for example)

I also work with players on a regular basis both current and former from a number of clubs.

In fairness I dont get a lot of Villa specific info really, just the odd bits and pieces (which are accurate when I do get them) as the club are very tight with leaks.

But if I say I know something it's not an opinion. I genuinely wouldn't say it otherwise.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Thanks for sharing your insight, it’s really appreciated! 

Tbh, most of my info is Newcastle, Chelsea and Man United based which doesnt help on here!

(Well, it could do)

Edited by GlobalVillan

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Tbh, most of my info is Newcastle and Man United based which doesnt help on here!

(Well, it could do)

There's been reports from both clubs no signings without moving players because of FFP. Is this true? Yesterday Newcastle CEO and Howe said as much. Manure maybe different after moving on Sancho and Martial

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

There's been reports from both clubs no signings without moving players because of FFP. Is this true? Yesterday Newcastle CEO and Howe said as much. Manure maybe different after moving on Sancho and Martial

No idea about clubs general transfer policies, only when agents I know are specifically dealing with enquiries for their players and even then, enquiries and transfers are a million miles apart in many cases.

In that instance, I know of at least 2 Newcastle players and 1 Chelsea player that could be moving in Jan.

Since one of them has already turned us down before, despite being offered more money, it's unlikely we will be signing him. 

I would be surprised if we sign a striker in Jan but it's not impossible. 

The summer is a different story though. A lot of summer deals are actually agreed in January as thats when agents are going up and down the country dealing with enquiries, mostly loans, and so they often end up agreeing (off the record) to do the deal in the summer.

This can be down to the selling club wanting far too much money to let a player go mid season, or beacuse the buying club need to balance the books for the current FFP or tax year.

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's something different

In the summer I could understand it if we had a bit more of a look, especially if we had CL

But not now, I think the risk is higher now that we end up buying our equivalent of Chris Wood - someone who we buy we get to where we need to be but arguably not because of him and then he's a dead weight that we take a loss on next season 

If a smart loan came up then maybe we take it but I just don't see us buying someone for the role that we could potentially give

• Like 1

Â