Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/22 at 23:59

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree.

I saw so many issues, yesterday, reminiscent of the away day at Manchester in the cup.....sure we tightened up against Brighton, but then went back to type against Liverpool.

We was far too open, went toe to toe, and played them in to the game....It was a dream ticket for them.

specific points in the game all too familiar with the past, with different managers.

I am not blaming the manager/s carte Blanche........ the shape of the team needs re-jigging.....In order to execute the managers game plan.

I don't see us moving forward, without buying the right players to do so.

I think with the high line he just wants to instil it into the team to play like that for every single game. Can't say I fancy watching us do it v Son and Kuluveski in next game but thinking is we'll be on the front foot and dominant v lower teams who won't have so much pace and quality in attack.

Considering we've had nearly 20 years of very deep defences and midfielders under MON, McLeish, Lambert and Bruce with limited results I don't mind so we have to accept they'll be games here and there where we'll be exposed. However should also be plenty of games we'll win that we'd have previously drawn/lost so hopefully will balance out.

Yesterday we created 4-5 decent chances on top of the goal we scored so that's something to work on at least. Cash however is far more suited to it than Young who struggled positionally so much in the first half so that's a simple alteration to make.

Personally I'd prefer it if we just stopped starting Konsa, McGinn and Watkins all the time but guess we'll have to wait a few months for that to regularly happen. It's a mediocre spine for a team wanting to make europe in next 18 months anyway.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think with the high line he just wants to instil it into the team to play like that for every single game. Can't say I fancy watching us do it v Son and Kuluveski in next game but thinking is we'll be on the front foot and dominant v lower teams who won't have so much pace and quality in attack.

Considering we've had nearly 20 years of very deep defences and midfielders under MON, McLeish, Lambert and Bruce with limited results I don't mind so we have to accept they'll be games here and there where we'll be exposed. However should also be plenty of games we'll win that we'd have previously drawn/lost so hopefully will balance out.

Yesterday we created 4-5 decent chances on top of the goal we scored so that's something to work on at least. Cash however is far more suited to it than Young who struggled positionally so much in the first half so that's a simple alteration to make.

Personally I'd prefer it if we just stopped starting Konsa, McGinn and Watkins all the time but guess we'll have to wait a few months for that to regularly happen. It's a mediocre spine for a team wanting to make europe in next 18 months anyway.

I agree with much of that Chris.

But we need more pace in the side to play a high line....I understand the reasoning, but until we get more complete players, downsides will appear in games.

but lets be clear here, there are degrees of highline, you don't have to go deep, but just compromise, when you have defenders who haven't got pace.

I still think surgery is need on this team, but the critical bit is getting players who are better, than what we have, that has proved to be a bit hit and miss.

I don't know, what we did right, with the Kamara deal......but lets have a bit more please.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

This is a quality manager, with the total backing of the owners. There will be bumps along the way. Give it time.

The bumps are fine.............Its just the crevasses that worry me.

Â