Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/22 at 23:59

52 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Thought our subs were far to late to be honest.

We were in control and making chances so I can see why we didn't change it. Their third was fortunate.

43 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Why? We lost 1-3 at home. 

Because we made enough chances to score 4.

• Like 2

Just now, briny_ear said:

We were in control but not taking our chances. What better time to change?

That's the gamble isn't it.

If we change Ollie for Ings, we may have struggled more all of a sudden with Ings' lack of mobility up front.

I wanted a sub as well. Try something different. I can just see why Emery may have thought we were doing OK and the goal would come.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

If we change Ollie for Ings, we may have struggled more all of a sudden with Ings' lack of mobility up front.

I wanted a sub as well. Try something different. I can just see why Emery may have thought we were doing OK and the goal would come.

See both povs, but I side with this one.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I don’t really sign up to this “Ings lack of mobility” point. The last few times he has been subbed on he has been effective because Emery knows how to set up the side to support his strengths (which are probably more about positioning than “mobility”). Just getting a bit bored with seeing Watkins running around a lot then fluffing relatively easy chances. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Game aside I’m really disappointed with how many Liverpool fans were in the Doug Ellis today. Almost felt like the were the majority.  That’s sad to see. 

At least they didn't take The Holte eh !!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Watkins was a weird one. I don't think he'd get a 1/10 for the first half from me, but he looked much better after the break. Still don't think on the whole he did enough to avoid being replaced in January. A better striker up front and we get something from that match imo.

I do think we're probably looking for another striker, whether in January or the summer. I think even in the first half he did a lot off the ball and holding it up, and his missed header wasn't a gimme. But I agree it's probably not going to be enough to please Emery. 

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Olsen is poor, but Emi has no chance with the firsr, and likely the second. Thirs one is anyone's guess. We didn't lose because of Olsen.

The third was terrible keeping.

It’s hard to tell how much we miss Emi because of how commanding he is and the way he organises the defence.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The third was terrible keeping.

It’s hard to tell how much we miss Emi because of how commanding he is and the way he organises the defence.

Yes, my thoughts just regarding the goals.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Louis said:

Back to square one.

Far from it. We're miles ahead of where we were under slippy G. We actually resemble a team now and will comfortably finish in mid table instead of battling relegation 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Watkins slated in the match thread, but apart from Kamara he was probably our second best player.

Not a chance that Watkins was our second best player.  I have him down in around mid placings and that’s only because he scored.

Â