Formula One - 2023

BOF

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'll wait and see how this actually manifests over a race weekend for the TV viewer. I can only assume it will be completely invisible and only something you'd witness if you were at the track. I can't possibly believe we'll be witnessing a live track qualifying session where Brad Pitt is participating at the same time as the other cars. I do sometimes go on about America's appetite and need for fanfare over substance when it comes to sport or anything else for that matter, but even they can't possibly do the worst case scenario here to a sport :lol: Films have been made in the past using real cars and tracks. Steve McQueen. So it is possible. Let's just see before we make judgement. But the knives are being sharpened.

It would be utterly insane if this 11th team was in any way involved in any quali or race sessions. Like, dangerously insane.

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

It would be utterly insane if this 11th team was in any way involved in any quali or race sessions. Like, dangerously insane.

There is a part of me that wants it to happen. Partly for the chaos and resulting fallout and partly as a told you so of when Liberty first took over the sport and I envisaged sprinkler systems and multi routes etc. This would trump all of that.

• Haha 2

The PR stuff around the Miami GP is nauseating already. Everything is going to be the biggest, best, most amazing, most epic ever until the race starts and it’ll be crap.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Having read a bit more about the Brad Pitt stuff it does seem he'll only be on track during periods when the track is empty

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Having read a bit more about the Brad Pitt stuff it does seem he'll only be on track during periods when the track is empty

He'll still crash and destroy the Armco and cause all sorts of delays.

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He'll still crash and destroy the Armco and cause all sorts of delays.

He's driving a modified F2 car. I assume modified to make it driveable for a mere mortal.
I imagine the speeds they'll be filming at will be really slow in comparison to an actual F1 car too.

The film does actually sound good. It's by the team that did Top Gun Maverick and will be filmed in the same way. And that was incredibly fun

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I wanna see Brad Pitt genuinely challenging Red Bull, the first rule of F1 is that you don't talk about F1

He puts in some very fast times and ruins the illusion that these are super talented elite drivers. Anyone with a driving license can get within a few tenths with 30 minutes of practice. 

Oof. Russell sneaked in at 10th, but Hamilton out - you have to wonder why he's keeping at it.

Verstappen could start tomorrow's race Le Mans style from the back of the grid and still win it - he's a lap faster than anyone else out there over race distance.

The Mercedes car just seems to get worse. Hamilton and Russell are doing a great job getting it to where it is.

They've never been further behind red bull in recent times. I just wish red bull had a number 1 driver that wasn't a complete arse.

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Oof. Russell sneaked in at 10th, but Hamilton out - you have to wonder why he's keeping at it.

Verstappen could start tomorrow's race Le Mans style from the back of the grid and still win it - he's a lap faster than anyone else out there over race distance.

I don't know how he's got the motivation to keep going after Abu Dhabi. 

Damn late weekend starts. I need to somehow stay sober long enough to see tonight's race. Wish me luck guys.

• Haha 1

just put the F1 on and I've just remembered that I had a dream last night that there was an accident and one of the drivers was killed, sounds stupid but I'm actually a little nervous about watching it now 😂

• Haha 1