Formula One - 2023

BOF

Won’t make any decisions whether this is better or worse than current format until I’ve seen a weekend play out.

One thing I am certain of is the same issue as a 24 race calendar. You can have too much of a good thing! 

Too many races starts to make the excitement of a race weekend seem mundane, especially if one team is dominating. This new sprint Saturday event just devalues Sundays race imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Wait. So the sprint race has no impact on starting position for the race?

What's the point?

There are 8 of them 😛 (up for grabs)

But the thinking is that more sessions being competitive rather than being testing means bigger interest in more sessions over the course of the weekend. I think we're basically down to 1 practice session now over a sprint weekend. Yet I and many others won't be watching any more than I already do. That is qualy and the race.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, race qualifying on Friday afternoon while we're all at work, then sprint race oddness qualifying at stupid early on a Saturday morning to catch us unawares?

This should help those TV audience numbers no end.

It's a real mess isn't it. Not a fan of this format.

I wonder if Max appreciates the irony of demanding punishment for anyone that aggressively overtakes him.

This format doesn't work for me - I think it's most important factor is for the favourites for tomorrow to avoid accidents.

• Like 1

So Max was still right on Leclerc with a fat hole in the side of his car for the whole race?

I'm very much looking forward to a lovely Red Bull 1-2 tomorrow. Will bring joy to my heart. 

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

It's a real mess isn't it. Not a fan of this format.

Me and some of the dads at football earlier were discussing it and nobody seemed to know what was happening when.

Very vanilla start - essentially this season either someone nudges Max in the opening couple of corners and you end up with a race worth watching or they all make it safely around the first half a lap and it's wake me in two hours so I can turn it off and not watch Max celebrate.

Anyway congrats you spoiled little prick, you made it through lap 1 - another win.