maqroll

20 hours ago, a-k said:

By my (aka Wikipedia's) account, only one other 17 year old and only a handful of teenagers have won it

1994: Ronaldo (17)

1982: Giuseppe Bergomi (18)

1970: Marco Antônio (19)

1962: Coutinho (18)

1958: Pele (17), Mazzola (19)

1950: Rubén Morán (19)

Original Ronaldo was in the 94 squad but didn't actually play any minutes. There was a possibility that a 17 yr old  Maradona could have been picked for Argentina for the 78 World Cup but Menotti decided against it.

21 hours ago, a-k said:

By my (aka Wikipedia's) account, only one other 17 year old and only a handful of teenagers have won it

1994: Ronaldo (17)

1982: Giuseppe Bergomi (18)

1970: Marco Antônio (19)

1962: Coutinho (18)

1958: Pele (17), Mazzola (19)

1950: Rubén Morán (19)

Mbappe was 19 in 2018

59 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Infantino wants every FIFA country to name a stadium after Pele

Ahh damn it. I thought we should have a Pele stadium in England but now Infantino has suggested it I'm convinced it's the last thing on earth we should do. 

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Now Infantino was caught taking selfies at the casket

Bring back Sepp

Don't fall for the tabloid hate bait. In the article they bury that the photos were with the family including Pele's sister, and that they believe the family asked for them. But they've lead with the headline to work people up, business as usual.

Still a bit tacky, and not something I'd want people doing with the coffin for my loved ones, but I can see it being equally awkward to turn it down if the family really did ask him.

Â