Unai Emery

PeterSw

I can't explain my gratitude for his work....I have seen first hand passing BMH,regularly,  the hours he puts in.

His determination and drive to succeed is rare, but comforting to the fan base.

I have one concern.

His work is appreciated beyond praise, and it is stressful to sustain that work load.

I hope he has the ability to respect himself, and take breaks and time out to charge his batteries, when necessary.

There can be such a thing, as over work......I hope he manages that well too...He deserves it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can't explain my gratitude for his work....I have seen first hand passing BMH,regularly,  the hours he puts in.

I have one concern.

His work is appreciated beyond praise, and it is stressful to sustain that work load.

I hope he has the ability to respect himself, and take breaks and time out to charge his batteries, when necessary.

There can be such a thing, as over work......I hope he manages that well too...He deserves it.

I can't find it now but he specifically called out 'relaxing' a little over the international break in the pre-West Ham press conference. 

His idea of relaxation is probably very different to mine though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have one concern.

Its his hair that shows how hard he works. Never has a haircut unless its an international break. Too busy otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

I can't find it now but he specifically called out 'relaxing' a little over the international break in the pre-West Ham press conference. 

I think it's in the Times interview. Said he was going home to chill with the family in the Basque country for a few days. His mantra is 70% football - ie thinking about it 70% of the time, so he does allow himself a couple of hours off for Strictly or whatever!

• Like 2

I sometimes forget just how good a job Unai is doing but this stat says a lot: Since we had that 3 game losing streak to Leicester, Man City and Arsenal, we've played 24 games, won 16, drawn 4 & lost 4. That is just insane form! If we did that over the course of a season we'd get 82 points! Madness...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I sometimes forget just how good a job Unai is doing but this stat says a lot: Since we had that 3 game losing streak to Leicester, Man City and Arsenal, we've played 24 games, won 16, drawn 4 & lost 4. That is just insane form! If we did that over the course of a season we'd get 82 points! Madness...

its a good job, we did.......otherwise we would think he's an Alien.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I think the talk of Unai's time at Arsenal, is an irritation and a distraction to our progress....it's journalists failing to adapt to the present narrative, and clinging to the past for sectional populism.

I would hazard a guess and say, Unai himself has no interest in the story.....its like digging up a corpse.

He is happy, now and along with a similar compadre, sees Arsenal as a distant memory....and wallowing in the love and respect his present fan base affords him.

If journalists want to be taken seriously, they should invest in the present ( unless they are historians) and take some time out to reseach what the gentleman is doing now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MSvillain said:

He visited his family back home. He has a passion for good cuisine so used the time to have family meals, relax, read alot, family time.

• Like 1

We've been in need of modernising for as long as I can remember. Even when we were pushing for top 4 under O'Neill we were comparatively quite backwards and limited by that. Houllier attempted to drag us into the 21st century but failed, and all our managers after that up until Smith were just sort of treading water, at best. Smith laid some good foundations for that while getting us back in the Premier League (he will always be a hero for that) but ultimately he found his ceiling. Gerrard of course was an unmitigated disaster and then Emery came in and has not only managed to carry out a 3-year modernisation job in the space of a year but also deliver superb results. For the first time since I've been a fan we actually have a style based around technical ability and keeping the ball as opposed to just counter-attacking. Off the pitch as well it seems like he's modernising the club too and putting in place a proper scouting network.

There isn't a single other person in the world who could've done what he's done in the space of a year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just seen the Unai cam video. Great watching his reactions to the goals isn’t it. 

One thing I have wondered for a while now, is why does Unai only shake the hand of the opposition manager/ head coach, and not all of the other coaches etc? Some clearly go to shake hands with him but he just walks off… is it a superstition thing, is it just something that he has always done? I imagine it’s a similar to thing to what Nadal does with his drinks bottles during a tennis match, he has to line them up in a certain way. 

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We've been in need of modernising for as long as I can remember. Even when we were pushing for top 4 under O'Neill we were comparatively quite backwards and limited by that. Houllier attempted to drag us into the 21st century but failed, and all our managers after that up until Smith were just sort of treading water, at best. Smith laid some good foundations for that while getting us back in the Premier League (he will always be a hero for that) but ultimately he found his ceiling. Gerrard of course was an unmitigated disaster and then Emery came in and has not only managed to carry out a 3-year modernisation job in the space of a year but also deliver superb results. For the first time since I've been a fan we actually have a style based around technical ability and keeping the ball as opposed to just counter-attacking. Off the pitch as well it seems like he's modernising the club too and putting in place a proper scouting network.

There isn't a single other person in the world who could've done what he's done in the space of a year.

Spot on 

29 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Just seen the Unai cam video. Great watching his reactions to the goals isn’t it. 

One thing I have wondered for a while now, is why does Unai only shake the hand of the opposition manager/ head coach, and not all of the other coaches etc? Some clearly go to shake hands with him but he just walks off… is it a superstition thing, is it just something that he has always done? I imagine it’s a similar to thing to what Nadal does with his drinks bottles during a tennis match, he has to line them up in a certain way. 

I genuinely think it is one of 2 things.. first he needs a piss...

Or

Second he wants to get in and prepare for his post match talk or start looking at the video playback. 

The man is total business. 

I find it even more impressive that lord unai has managed to accumulate this many points without

Moreno,  JJ, buendia and mings. Thats four key players.

Would spurs be able to have coped without romaro,  udogie, Kuluveski, and bissouma like this?

Same with other sides 

10 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

This is mad. People are talking about us.

I prefer listening to Villa people talking about us.

People who watch us week in week out and actually have an understanding of our players and style.

Â